Hakim Scope Mount?

PDA

Jackal
January 3, 2007, 02:08 AM
Well, I have just ordered a decent Hakim for the lowly sum of $200. My question though? Is there any type of scope mount available? These rifles are quite accurate and it just seems like somebody should be making an optics mount to capitalize on this. Anyone know of anything?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hakim Scope Mount?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jackal
January 3, 2007, 02:00 PM
Come'on, anybody? It's already missing the handguard and the stock bands, so I don't feel bad about modding it. I would like un-permanent mods however.

Prince Yamato
January 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
probably any Mauser mount would work, BUT, I would discourage modding such a lovely piece of history.

Gordon
January 3, 2007, 02:36 PM
B Square MADE a scout mount that fit the rear sight base. Mounting a scope in regular position would be just about immpossible. The B-Square mount worked well.:)

Jackal
January 3, 2007, 03:20 PM
probably any Mauser mount would work

Does anyone by any chance have a Mauser mount and a Hakim to compare it to? That would be super, but I doubt it will fit.

Harry Paget Flashman
January 3, 2007, 11:01 PM
Jackal. Is there a website selling Hakims or was this an auction purchase? I gave my son-in-law mine and wouldn't mind getting another.

Jackal
January 3, 2007, 11:49 PM
I got it from an Auction. I wish I could have grabbed a few Hakim's when they were $150 shipped during the early '90's.:banghead:

Harry Paget Flashman
January 4, 2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks. Wish I still had mine.

m.p.driver
January 4, 2007, 12:51 PM
$150,i can remember when for $79 you got your pick of a hakim or a fn49

jcord
January 5, 2007, 10:07 AM
The best way I found to mount a scope to a Hakim is to find one of those side mounts for the SKS and mount it to the receiver. I did not do this to mine but helped a friend do his. The mount was ordered from tapco. The base was a mounted to the side and the mount attached to this, similar to the side mount now found on AKs. No, a mauser mount will not work. Tried several.
There was a mount that (once again) attached to the side of the receiver of a German mauser for attaching a small scope that would probably work but that mount if original would be worth twice what you paid for the Hakim.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hakim Scope Mount?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!