Pro Mag 10 Rnd Mini Mags...?

PDA

Edward429451
May 28, 2003, 09:22 PM
Sent off for some Pro Mag 10 rounders for the Mini and wondered what luck you all have had with them. I've heard mixed reviews on them on other forums..

FourFourMag.com says they've sold over 5000 of em with hardly any returns. How was your luck with them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro Mag 10 Rnd Mini Mags...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sactown
May 28, 2003, 10:51 PM
I bought 2 of them from fourfourmag for use on my mini off the bench. My PMI 30rnders were a little big and got in the way. The Promags have worked just like the factory ones. They are way better than the junky John Masen mags I had. I purchased 4 john masen mags, none worked. Shipped the Masens back to them and got 4 in return. 3 out of the 4 new ones worked, 1 out of the 3 working mags has a cracked base plate.

WonderNine
May 28, 2003, 11:51 PM
I believe Promag now manufacters the factory ten rounders for Ruger. And if you look at the pictures, the aftermarket Promags look identical to the new factory ten rounders.

PMI used to make the factory mags for Ruger. They are as good, if not better than the Promags, however the semi-cheap follower on the PMI's leave a little to be desired. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Especially when you can pick up the stainless ten rounders for $15. PMI's usually run about $50 for a 30 round stainless mag. You see them on gunbroker for close to $70, but they don't sell at that price.

Edward429451
May 29, 2003, 09:14 AM
Promag/fourfour's website says they are trying to get Ruger's contract, but dont have it yet. I used to hear real crappy stuff about Promags, but not lately, I guess they're turning it around.

Thanks.:cool:

SodaPop
May 29, 2003, 05:32 PM
I believe Promag now manufacters the factory ten rounders for Ruger. And if you look at the pictures, the aftermarket Promags look identical to the new factory ten rounders.

Am I out of the loop or something? When did Ruger start making factory 10rd mags?

Razor
May 29, 2003, 06:42 PM
Am I out of the loop or something? When did Ruger start making factory 10rd mags?

Same questions for me. :confused:

Dave Markowitz
May 29, 2003, 09:09 PM
I just checked Ruger's website. No 10 rounders to be seen.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro Mag 10 Rnd Mini Mags...?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!