Sierra Infinity Suite / Hornady Reloading Manual 7th Edition

PDA

tikkat3
January 4, 2007, 07:27 PM
Where have any of you reloaders bought either Sierra Infinity Suite or the Hornady Reloader Manual 7th Edition?

It seems that over here in the UK we are being absolutely fleeced - half the cost in the US. However, Grafs in America have quoted $55 for shipping, which although cheaper does not make much difference to the UK prices in total.

Does anyone know of a store that sells the above and where the shipping costs are not two thirds of the combined product price?!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sierra Infinity Suite / Hornady Reloading Manual 7th Edition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dmftoy1
January 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
Have you tried midwayusa.com? I don't know what they're shipping costs to the UK would be but I'd imagine it would be cheaper. If I had a business trip to the UK planned anytime in the near future I'd bring one over for you but we've cut down on travel pretty drastically this year.

Have a good one,
Dave

tikkat3
January 5, 2007, 05:41 AM
Thanks Dave. MidwayUSA claim on their site that they cannot ship internationally (although I will e-mail them about this). They have a UK franchise, MidwayUK, but where USA are charging $57.99 for Infinity Suite, UK are charging 61.52 - note dollar / pound prices = UK price more than double US price!!! This is the same with most things in the UK.

dmftoy1
January 5, 2007, 09:23 AM
LOL . . yeah, it seems to be that way with EVERYTHING in the UK. When I come back I'm spending the same amount in pounds as I would spend here in dollars but the conversion rate kicks my butt. Last time I stayed in the Heathrow Marriot the 195 pound per night price about choked my boss when he saw the expense report. :)

Good Luck!

If you're not in a major hurry to get it I could probably get a copy here and slip it into our interoffice mail and then somehow bribe one of my co-workers in Newbury to send it on to you.

e5shepss
January 5, 2007, 11:31 AM
I checked at the post office and with UPS, for shipping, and if some nice person over here :) were to purchase it for you and send it to you, it would cost about $24.50 US Post Office, and UPS was so ridiculous I won't list it here.:what:

I estimated a 5 lb weight for the book, and shipping to London.

Not to bring up a sore subject but I understood that there was very little private gun ownership allowed in the U.K.. What is the current state of shooting sports over there?

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
January 5, 2007, 06:01 PM
Why not get the ISBN of the publication and order it through your local book store?

Is it available to you via Amazon.com?

-Steve

Sierra Suite:

http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Infinity-Reloading-Manual-Print/dp/B000HB53RC/sr=8-2/qid=1168039949/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-9220032-8503900?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

I don't see the Hornady manual available via Amazon.

But you should be able to go to Hornady.com to order that manual. They should ship...

tikkat3
January 5, 2007, 08:25 PM
e5shepss - Gun ownership is good and on the increase in the UK, but the laws are very different to you lucky so and sos over there! Almost anybody can get a shotgubn licence over here. To be excluded the police must be able to prove that you are unsuitable to hold a licence (serial murderer, bank robber, medically unstable etc.). However for a firearm (i.e. rifle, solid slug /automatic shotgun or over 12lb/ft airgun) you need a separate firearm licence. In this case YOU need to prove to the police that you have a NEED for the individual firearm/calibre and have the land/permission to use it. If there is any discrepancy/non-compliance, the licence will not be granted!. It is to such a degree that if for example I have a 22LR and want to sell it and buy another, I first have to sell/get rid of the rifle, then apply to the police for a variation to my licence to allow me to exchange one rifle for another of the same calibre!!! Semi-automatics are forbidden, except in .22LR (no AR15s etc.). A rifle stated on the licence for target shooting cannot be used for vermin/game shooting. Similarly, an .17 HMR (for example) licenced for vermin cannot be used against foxes, unless it specifically states that it can on your licence. Vermin seems to be generally seen as rabbits, squirrels etc, but nothing much larger. Despite all this gun/rifle ownerhip is on the up. Handguns are forbidden.

Jack, sadly buying through my local stores is the problem. What you pay in US$, we pay the same figure in GBP. With an exchange rate of approx US$2 - 1 GBP we pay double your prices! This is a practice in the UK which goes on regardless of the exchange rate; on all goods.

happy7
January 6, 2007, 11:52 AM
I used to live in the Netherlands. I know how tough it is to have to pay inflated prices for American prices over there, and with VAT being as much as it is, it is expensive. I used to have stuff sent to my parents and have them forward it on to me, surface mail. I have the Hornady Seventh Edition and put it on the scale. It weighs 3lb 4 oz without packaging. That would run you about 12 US surface, which takes over a month. I happen to have a global priority mail flat rate envelope. It does fit in that and that runs $9.50 and take 4-5 days. If you want to order one from Midway and have it sent to me, I can forward it on to.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sierra Infinity Suite / Hornady Reloading Manual 7th Edition" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!