Can you transport a handgun on a bicycle?

PDA

CountGlockula
January 4, 2007, 08:12 PM
Edit-"Bicycle".

How does the rules apply in your state?

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you transport a handgun on a bicycle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zero_DgZ
January 4, 2007, 08:15 PM
Legally, probably. Bikes are vehicles under my state's laws. However, I did that once and got jumped at gunpoint and my (unloaded) gun stolen. (Coincidence that this pops up.) So unless it's a pistol carried with a permit the way you normally would I would imagine it's not the best plan.

Hard to aim on a bike. On a properly fitted road bike it's hard to stop and put both feet on the ground (let alone quickly) in order to aim...

Mulliga
January 4, 2007, 11:20 PM
In FL bikes are vehicles, so I imagine if you have a loaded gun in your pannier or handlebar bag it would be kosher, as it would be similar to putting a gun in your glove compartment or car trunk.

modifiedbrowning
January 4, 2007, 11:30 PM
Legal in MT. Hell, I've seen kids riding their bikes with .22 rifles slung on their backs.

Frog48
January 5, 2007, 02:13 AM
I gotta ask: why would you do this in the first place? I cant remember the last time I rode a bicycle...

yongxingfreesty
January 5, 2007, 02:15 AM
bicycle or motorcycle? either way, i would like to know.

Zero_DgZ
January 5, 2007, 09:34 AM
I gotta ask: why would you do this in the first place? I cant remember the last time I rode a bicycle...

Not all of us have, can get, or can afford cars.

DogBonz
January 5, 2007, 09:53 AM
I like to ride my bike. It's good exercise. If its a nice day I'd rather jump on my bike to run to the store or down the street. I just throw on my back pack and go for a ride. It's relaxing and good for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you transport a handgun on a bicycle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!