Firing pin for old Springfield shotgun

PDA

jimmyraythomason
January 6, 2007, 02:14 PM
I need help identifying this Springfield shotgun. A friend asked if I could find a firing pin for it. It has Springfield Arms Company,Chicoree Falls, Mass. U.S.A. on the left side of the receiver. One the barrel is "barrel and lug forced is one piece". No other markings except serial number is on the barrel underside (there is what appears to be a triangle stamped on the opposite side of the receiver). Its appearance is very similar to an old Iver Johnson. What firing pin does it take? Would the firing pin for a Stevens Mod.94 work? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Firing pin for old Springfield shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
January 6, 2007, 07:00 PM
Your best source to identify it and get parts is Gun Parts Corporation.

They carry parts for all the old Savage-Stevens-Springfield guns.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/

Contact them and give them all the info you can, including pictures if possible.
They should be able to ID it, and supply parts.

jimmyraythomason
January 6, 2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks. I went there first but without a model number they can't help.

kirbythegunsmith
January 7, 2007, 08:43 PM
Can you post a picture?
Is the original pin there, but broke?
If so, can you remove the bit that is left and picture that?
You might just need to have a pin made or altered to fit, but a gunsmith like myself must have the gun (or complete frame) to have confidence in proper fit and installation.
Any old gun that has been shot for many years, and possibly shot with a defective or fractured pin in place, may have burrs and improper wear develop in the areas of deformed pin corners, edges of pieces, and so forth, not to mention possible temporary use of a home-made pin (like I have seen and removed from some old single shots)

kirbythegunsmith@hotmail.com

jimmyraythomason
January 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
Kirby, I just got the wife a new digital camera for Christmas. As soon as I learn how to do it ,I will post pictures. Thanks

jimmyraythomason
January 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
sorry, duplicate post.

If you enjoyed reading about "Firing pin for old Springfield shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!