Mini 14 trigger-PLEASE HELP!!!

PDA

telcom911
May 29, 2003, 02:52 PM
I was just at the range and put 50 rnds through my mini-14 and 50 through my Hi-point 9X19 mm. the differene in the trigger pull of the two was considerable. The surprising point is that the Hi-point trigger was much better then the Ruger's. While the Hi-point had a nice sharp break with very little travel, the mini felt like the trigger pulled forever and while it was moving it felt like there was sand in the works. I do not want to dump money into the Ruger, but is there a way to clean up the pull so that it is at least smooth- if not 'crisp'? I'm looking for more detail then "polish the parts" So if anyone can give me instructions on how to do it- would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mini 14 trigger-PLEASE HELP!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Badger Arms
May 29, 2003, 04:03 PM
The Ruger will smooth out, but pretty much any smith will be able to clean up the trigger some. It's not that difficult.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mini 14 trigger-PLEASE HELP!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!