2 Q's regarding disqualification

PDA

Erebus
January 11, 2007, 10:37 PM
This is directed to anyone that has a good understanding of the laws regarding disqualification in Mass. I have a buddy who has been discharged from the military. He is an Iraqi Freedom Vet and is on full disability for Post Traumatic Stress. He did spend a couple weeks at an inpatient mental facility voluntarily. Now I do understand that even if he isn't legally disqualified the chief can still reject him. That being said here's the questions.

Can he get a permit in MA?(It costs $200 to flunk where he lives)

If he can't get a permit can I take him shooting/can he legally shoot my guns at a range?

Thanks in advance for any help. I know Q1 is a long shot, but I think it would be good for him. I am hoping that Q2 isn't a no as there are several of us in our circle of friends that shoot and could take him often. He said his range time while in the military was one of his favorite things about his service and I would hate to see bad experiences that occured while putting his life on the line for his country keep him from something he enjoyed as much as target shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "2 Q's regarding disqualification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "2 Q's regarding disqualification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!