Marking primers OK or not?

PDA

sevesteen
January 12, 2007, 12:34 AM
Would there be anything wrong with a small ink mark on the primers before I load the ammo? Based on my reloading habits, I can't think of an easier way to mark various loads--Just draw a line across each row with the appropriate sharpie before I dump the primers into the flipper tray.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marking primers OK or not?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Bushmaster
January 12, 2007, 12:57 AM
Mark'em up and shoot'em up...Not a problem. I have a friend that has six different colors of felt pens that he keeps track of various loads with...:)

Thirties
January 12, 2007, 09:18 AM
I mark mine after they are loaded and in the ammo box.

I use a sharpie to make a dot on the primer; a single line across the face; an X on the face; and no mark at all.

That make Four Categories for each caliber which I record on masking tape on the lid of the ammo box.

SamTuckerMTNMAN
January 12, 2007, 01:34 PM
with being organized...so I mark primers.
BE SURE to match correct colors on box/label and perhaps as a precaution in a notebook as well. I notate my loads quickly with details and things like, "got lube on primer" bullet #1 in box, etc, and can always go back to check dates etc if label falls off.

ST

Walkalong
January 12, 2007, 01:47 PM
Do it all the time. No problems.

gwalchmai
January 12, 2007, 02:28 PM
Another tactic is to use stamp pads to color all the case heads while they're in reloading blocks.

Khornet
January 13, 2007, 10:21 AM
for my M1 loads, not so much to ID the load as to ID my full-prep brass.

But I find that marking the primer only doesn't work; firing blasts away the mark. So now I mark the extractor groove.

Pumpkinheaver
January 13, 2007, 10:29 AM
I do this all the time when going to various pistol matches at my club so I can tell my brass from other peoples.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marking primers OK or not?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!