Funny how deer react sometimes

PDA

FireArmFan
January 12, 2007, 02:30 PM
It's crazy how deer react to gunshots sometimes.
check out this video.
I wonder how far away the hunter is.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/60749/deer_hunt/

If you enjoyed reading about "Funny how deer react sometimes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DogBonz
January 12, 2007, 02:47 PM
Or did all of the shots miss the deer?

mete
January 12, 2007, 03:27 PM
Looked like they all missed by a mile ! Though some of it may be camera angle .No hits there ! ...One of my 45-70 deer was walking when hit ,it turned around walked 20', turned around and walked 10' and collapsed !!

f4t9r
January 12, 2007, 03:37 PM
thats why you should sight your gun in before the hunting trip

DogBonz
January 12, 2007, 03:43 PM
thats why you should sight your gun in before the hunting trip

And check that it stayed zeroed on the trip out.

DReicht
January 12, 2007, 04:17 PM
I think those were missed shots on purpose? unless he wasn't concentrating and compensating for the previous shot?

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
January 12, 2007, 04:38 PM
Rifle not sighted in or the shooter doesn't know how to shoot! Buck fever.. It wasn't that deer's season to die... Whatever. There's no darn excuse for missing at that range. Estimating the power poles to be 50yds apart, that's not a long shot. Elevated 30' or not.

Oh, and that's a real sporting way to hunt. -NOT!:cuss: :banghead:

What's really absurd about this whole location and shooting?

OK, Elevated, let's just shoot down at the hardened gravel/rock roadway. Where did those bullets ricoche to? You'd just love to be in the wooden stand down the road beyond the deer, wouldn't you?

That video should be removed from the Internet and added to a gun/hunter safety class as what not to do when hunting.

-Steve

Caimlas
January 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
I can't view the video, and I've only shot one deer, but...

The first deer I shot, last year, was a small doe. I hit her with a Marlin .30-30 at about 40 yards. I wasn't sure that I'd hit her at first - I was nervous and concerned about wounding the animal instead of killing it. She was quartered slightly towards me, head to my left. I shot, and she simply turned away from me, then back towards me - about 150 degrees - to be facing the rough opposite direction, with her head to my right. She just stood there looking at me for about 15 seconds, not visibly disturbed and I couldn't see any blood. So, thinking I missed, I shot again - and she took off.

Found her just over 30 yards away from where she was hit, directly to my right, a short distance from a 10' area completely covered with 'blood lung hacking' splotches. She'd run away initially, over a small hill, then back around behind me. Two clean shots, both through her heart and a lung each, exiting just by her front collar bones (which is why I didn't see any marks from the first shot). Quite dead.

If you enjoyed reading about "Funny how deer react sometimes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!