inexpensive mildot scope

PDA

SkaerE
May 30, 2003, 09:09 AM
its for a 22 lr (Savage MKII LV)

anyhow, i want one that i can use for critters, has to be able to focus up close (since its a 22) range will be from 0-125 yrds.

i want a mildot because i like them for holdover at longer ranges and for wind.

tasco is out, and i dont really like simmons.

trying to top the price out at $300.

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "inexpensive mildot scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cratz2
May 30, 2003, 11:34 AM
The Bushnell Elite 3200 fixed 10x with target turrets is a pretty decent scope if you must have MilDots.
I've had a couple of them. Can't recommend them over the Weaver GrandSlams which offer the
flexability of adjustable power and lower power. I think 10x is a bit much for a rimfire. If you wanted
to try something... uh... different, BSA has an illuminated MilDot reticle scope available in 4-16x and
6-24x. These are quite large scopes. Pictured is the smaller 4-16 on a full-size Savage rifle.

I have a BSA 2-7xAO on my MKIILV and a Burris 3-9xAO Compact on my CZ. You might be asking
for too much from this scope.

http://photos.imageevent.com/cratz2/guns//DCP_1110a.jpg

Smoke
May 30, 2003, 01:22 PM
Most variable power scopes are not true Mil-dot. I think the BSA falls into that category.

If that is not a concern any decent scope should suffice. try SWFA and see what they have in your price range.

If you can get one of the Super Sniper scopes from SWFA you will have something, may be a bit of overkill for a .22 though.

If you enjoyed reading about "inexpensive mildot scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!