Chrome Bulgarian Macs

PDA

Todd
May 30, 2003, 05:33 PM
I have heard that SOG has these. Made for officers. Does anyone know anything about these? Are these nice?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chrome Bulgarian Macs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZ-75
May 30, 2003, 11:06 PM
Makarov.com

Look for the link to their forum on Gunboards.com and ask there.

denfoote
May 31, 2003, 12:41 AM
According to what I have read, the Chromed plated Makarovs were given as gifts by the Soviets. Fidel Castro has one. ;)

makdaddy03
May 31, 2003, 12:47 AM
I want one, I want one.........

denfoote
May 31, 2003, 05:36 AM
I'm more specific. I want Fidel's!!!! :evil:

swingcatt
May 31, 2003, 07:38 PM
Guy up in Northern VA was chrome plating some Russian Maks for a while a few years ago. I got to see one of them and they looked nice, but no collector value to them.

SC

SouthpawShootr
May 31, 2003, 07:56 PM
I think the positive side of chroming one of these would be to fix external pitting or severe finish wear. These things are cheap to begin with (only ones I've seen with any premium have been East German manufacture), so when one is less than pristine, I doubt the collector value will be anything. For what it's worth, I'd like to have one of each make to compliment my 1963 vintage East German gun.

Zundfolge
May 31, 2003, 10:22 PM
I'm more specific. I want Fidel's!!!!

I'll be even more specific ... I want to empty my plane jane Bulgarian and then pick Fidel's up off the ground , wipe it off, jump back in the boat and get to Key West as fast as I can :D

firestar
May 31, 2003, 10:22 PM
I found this on Auction Arms.
It is at $330 and the reserve is still not met. :rolleyes:

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=4366817

SouthpawShootr
May 31, 2003, 10:55 PM
Looks like that one has been smoking just a bit too much wacky weed. :what:

megatronrules
June 1, 2003, 12:07 AM
SOG? do they have a website and how much are these chrome makarovs?

CZ-75
June 1, 2003, 01:09 AM
Yes, they have a website (Google is your friend).

No, they ARE NOT listed, just the standard blued versions.

denfoote
June 1, 2003, 01:31 AM
Guy up in Northern VA was chrome plating some Russian Maks for a while a few years ago. I got to see one of them and they looked nice, but no collector value to them.

Why the heck do you think I want Fidel Castro's????? ;)

Akurat
June 1, 2003, 12:41 PM
edit...oops

alamo
June 1, 2003, 05:49 PM
Here's the scoop on the chrome Makarovs from a fella that works at Makarov.com:

---------------------------------------------

Just got word from one of my Bulgarian contacts, asked him about these the other day. His response:
<snip> Hallo George my friend

Good to here from you again after so long time. I have known these model you speak of, not as the Officer Model you refer. Sometimes ago, a run of the PM were made for issue to the
we say Black Sea Navy persons who have many problem with saltywater rusting. It must be what your people are selling there as extras. So USA no longer just buy Army Surplus junk, now we sell you Navy Surplus junk also. Ha Ha, joking you of course my friend. I not knowing the number done this finish but it must be less 3000. If true BSN (Black Sea Navy, GF) maybe they worth more to USA collector, but here they just not worth many extra Lev (Lev is the Bulgarian unit of currency, GF) but maybes to flashy hoodlems. If my mind sees right all parts of the PM are finished this way but if repaired parts are used they could be dark like army or police parts. The handle is same as army but many many navy person have made cord to lock PM to body so as it not go swimimg in Black Sea and get in jails for losing property of the govenmint. It made of white cording and a closed ring passing in staple on grip. I am in hope this provding more information of use to you. Maybe I cna find a DP of this and EM to you for you records (DP is Digital Picture and EM is E-Mail, GF) <snip>

-George

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.makarov.com
orders - Toll Free 866-MAKAROV
Mon-Fri 10am to 5pm EST

alamo
June 1, 2003, 06:00 PM
Don't think Fidel has a run-of-the-mill chrome Makarov. His is probably like this one:

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=42&TID=17914&P=1&SID=1147029#ID7

If you enjoyed reading about "Chrome Bulgarian Macs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!