Big pig

PDA

cola8d8
May 30, 2003, 06:27 PM
First, I did not shoot it and the guy in the pic is not me... It was just sent to me by a friend of a friend... I know it was shot in TX but dont know where... 800lbs...

If you enjoyed reading about "Big pig" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeeper
May 30, 2003, 07:04 PM
:what: :what: :what: :what: :what: Holy crap!!!! I saw one in south texas that was about 500 and thought it was huge. 800lbs is enormous

Bruz
May 30, 2003, 08:22 PM
Wow Cola, ya sure that aint a cow?!

HukeOKC
May 30, 2003, 10:37 PM
That is amazing. That is certainly one to be proud of.

Sisco
May 30, 2003, 10:50 PM
Man! I'd have to dig a bigger pit to cook that one!

Grayrock
May 31, 2003, 01:13 AM
Are you sure that's not photo shopped? Are all the shadows consistant?

H&Hhunter
May 31, 2003, 01:44 AM
That's a real toad allright. Having hunted TX hogs extensivley not only do I believe that it's an authentic picture I've seen em that big and killed a couple darn near as large.

Refer to the please post piggy pics post from several months back.

redneck
May 31, 2003, 06:54 PM
WOAH! That sucker is big!
Kind of interesting to look at that. Don't know, but it looks like its got some domestic pig in its breeding judging by that extremely long back. They keep tryin to lengthen that loin on em nowadays.
Kind of shows what can happen when you get to messing with nature.
800lbs :eek: I've got quarter horses that aren't much bigger than that!

mete
June 2, 2003, 08:59 PM
Take a close look at the picture. I think you'll agree that it's been doctored and not a good job at that.

makdaddy03
June 3, 2003, 02:21 AM
DAMN!!!!!!!!!! What a HOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redneck
June 3, 2003, 10:21 PM
Now that you mention it, and I took a closer look. The guys arm doesn't look right along the cut where the hog was gutted. Shadows seem off and it doesn't seem positioned right in terms of whats in front and whats in back. Kind of like someone cut the pig out of the pictre and stretched him a little before putting him back :confused:
Tough call.

Bruz
June 3, 2003, 11:29 PM
Hmmm, on second review it looks like both the pig and the the man have a strange shadow around them...

Grayrock
June 4, 2003, 12:09 AM
No- it's all true. Everything on the internet is 100% accurate. I invented it that way!:neener:

mete
June 4, 2003, 12:06 PM
Greyrock, The only truth is that there is a sucker born every minute. It's like the scams out of Nigeria. Those guys really know about suckers, they have been working the same scams for 25 years !!

inGobwetrust
June 4, 2003, 08:33 PM
I think the picture is real but I just don't think the pig looks big enough to be 800 lbs. I've seen some that are almost that large and they weighed considerably less but heck, I've been wrong before!

hardcorehunter5
June 6, 2003, 09:45 PM
The picture is b.s. First everyone is right with the arm looking funny. Second look at the stomach cavity. I have never seen a pig that has a chest cavity more than 3/4's of its body. A pig can get that big if it is casterated. You know they do all kinds of weird things in texas, like hunt animals that are fenced in and that have been fed special mixes..

If you enjoyed reading about "Big pig" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!