Night Sights for Novak cut 1911s?

PDA

sithanas
January 16, 2007, 11:57 AM
What would be recommended in the way of night sights for a Novak-cut commander 1911? It's for a Springfield Champion. I've seen both trijicons and meprolights - they look about the same. Are they? And do they make tritium novak-cut front blades? All the ones i've seen are for Colt post mountings.

If you enjoyed reading about "Night Sights for Novak cut 1911s?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wally
January 16, 2007, 12:30 PM
Doh! try: www.novaksights.com Should have what you want.

--wally.

Sniper X
January 16, 2007, 12:34 PM
I have both novaks and Meprolights on two different Champions. One I had to get beavertailed in the front to accept the mepros...it was well worth it! The other (used) came with the novaks so I dont know if he had them fdone or if they were on the gun from the factory. I love the meprolights, very bright and nice in full sunlight. The Novaks are not as bright and not as good in bright sunlight.

If you enjoyed reading about "Night Sights for Novak cut 1911s?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!