Is the RCBS Uniflow supposed to come with just one cylinder?

PDA

stevekl
January 19, 2007, 12:18 AM
I picked up a uniflow today and I have read tonight about the smaller cylinder designed to throw more accurate, smaller charges. Alot of people are implying that the Uniflow comes with two cylinders, but mine only came with one (the larger rifle one). Did I get a bad package or what?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the RCBS Uniflow supposed to come with just one cylinder?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mrkubota
January 19, 2007, 12:50 AM
Mine came with two, but that was 30yrs ago....

Idano
January 19, 2007, 03:17 AM
stevekl originally they only came with two now they sell them with either one or two. It was a marketing ploy to to raise the price but still over a single drum measure at a lower price. I just bought my second one on eBay and it came with two drums for $44 total with shipping. If you haven't used your yet and want both drums take it back and watch eBay.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
January 19, 2007, 06:31 AM
If you bought it new and want two cylinders, you can take it back and order one with two cylinders from Midway new or like Ideano said, bid for one on ebay. They come up quite often on ebay, craigslist and at gunshows, because they are a popular measure.

If you bought it used, just watch for the cylinder you don't have on ebay, craigslist or at the gunshows. Or you can buy one new or post you're looking for one on the various reloading forums you read and somebody will help you out.

Dave

tbtrout
January 19, 2007, 07:52 AM
Check out ebay, they regularly have cylinders and measures @ a good deal. I picked up a couple for $30 with shipping.One for $22 without a hopper. If it has a broken hopper or missing a piece bid and get it for the low price, call RCBS and they will send you replacement pieces. My experience with thier customr service has been the same as I have recieved from Dillon so far. if the drum is a little rust take some steel wool to it and it will shine up and work beautifil. Good luck

Peter M. Eick
January 21, 2007, 07:22 AM
I just called up RCBS and asked about it and they sent me one.

Just a thought....

wheezengeezer
January 21, 2007, 12:36 PM
if you reload a vareity of rounds ,then you will want one measure with each!! it saves setup time.i have a few measures setup for specific charges.

cloudcroft
January 21, 2007, 01:30 PM
Mine from Midway only came with one cylinder -- large -- but that was okay because I only use this "large powder charge" measure for reloading rifle cases, and to cut the more-difficult-to-meter extruded rifle powders. It's mounted by itself on the bench. I probably won't ever get a small cylinder for the Uniflow.

For pistols, I use my Lee Perfect Powder Measure Pro mounted on my Lee Classic Turret press.

-- John D.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
January 21, 2007, 01:53 PM
Cloudcroft,

Are you sure that isn't a Lee Pro Auto Disk you've got mounted on the turret press?

Dave

brickeyee
January 21, 2007, 03:47 PM
I use two Uniflows with micrometer heads on them.
The problem with only one is that if you change the cylinder the micrometer looses the 'zero' it had before. No more looking up the loads from a month ago and dialing in and being nearly perfect.

Rico567
January 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
I got my Uniflow from a guy on AA slightly used, had the rifle rotor in it, which is the one I wanted in any event. All my pistol loading is done with Dillon measures, and anything finicky I do with an electronic scale / dispenser unit. I wasn't going to complain in any case, because I got the Uniflow for only $26, and I understand that by the time this one was made they only ship with one, and the other is available as an accessory.

cloudcroft
January 22, 2007, 11:26 AM
Dave,

It's the Pro Powder Measure with the charge-bar...whatever the measure itself is called I'm not sure. Lee has too many similar names for it's products..I get confused!

-- John D.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is the RCBS Uniflow supposed to come with just one cylinder?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!