WST Loads for 9mm 124 gr

PDA

zerofixer
January 19, 2007, 11:49 PM
Hi all does anyone load 9mm with WST powder, there is not much load info on the WST powder for the 9mm hand load, I use it for my .45 ACP loads and with some of my .40 cal loads, I also use 231 and Titegroup, I use right much WIN-231 and WST because I have over 50 lbs of each, I would like to give WST a try in 9mm. I have see some postings of 9mm with WST, whats your opnions on this load idea! thanks mike b

If you enjoyed reading about "WST Loads for 9mm 124 gr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NVMM
January 20, 2007, 01:32 PM
Hope this info helps you.
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33037&hl=wst

zerofixer
January 21, 2007, 09:19 AM
thats is what I am looking for a basic idea to start with, I have 4 reloading manuals but with no wst info this will help me work up a load thanks! mike b

vzwnnj
January 22, 2007, 12:17 PM
I was using Rainier 115 bullets (cause they're cheap) with W231 (4.5-4.7gr are good loads), but I had some WST around...I went searching and found a suggestion for the following

WST 4.2gr with a 115gr plated bullet (yes I know...post if for 124gr...but you get the info i have)

I had CCI-500 small pistol primers and loaded up some Winchester cases with the recipe above...powder drop shows that it fills about 75-80% of the case so I doubt much more will fit in there without having a compressed load. The bullets were loaded at 1.145" - 1.150"

It is a relatively mild, accurate load...my guess..and it's just that...is it would register about 1000fps. These were shot out of my only 9mm...a CZ75-SP01

As always...they were not chronographed, so your mileage may vary

If you enjoyed reading about "WST Loads for 9mm 124 gr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!