Some Questions about CMP

PDA

zinj
January 24, 2007, 06:18 PM
I am gearing up to get a CMP carbine when they become available (going to mail my GCA form tomorrow), but I have a few questions:

1. I know Hunter's Education counts as a live fire requirement, but how do I get it to them? Do I send in a photo-copy with my order?

2. I live in Illinois, and thus have a FOID card. I assume they must check for this, how does it work?

Thanks for your patience.

If you enjoyed reading about "Some Questions about CMP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GRIZ22
January 24, 2007, 06:26 PM
Answers:

1. If it included live fire it does as far as I know a copy will suffice.

2. I'm in the same boat send in copies of both sides of your FOID.

zinj
January 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
That's what I suspected.

Thanks.

MechAg94
January 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
I used my CHL and just sent them copies of front and back.

Onmilo
January 25, 2007, 09:56 AM
And God forbid don't forget to send proof of US Citizenship and your affliated member card, Birth Certificate, Illinois State Rifle Association or Garand Collector association cards are good for these.

MechAg94
January 25, 2007, 11:58 AM
A passport works almost better than the rest for citizenship if you have one.

fspitzdorf
January 25, 2007, 04:39 PM
not to get off topic.... but i live close enough to the North store at Camp Perry to visit vs having them ship an M1.... If i do, am i able to hand pick the rifle or is it still luck of the draw from the next one in line?

alamo
January 25, 2007, 05:44 PM
You can pick from what they have in stock

If you enjoyed reading about "Some Questions about CMP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!