Century

PDA

boogity8k
January 26, 2007, 06:16 PM
Can someone tell me if , $100.00 is a good price for M91-30 Russian Carbine Rifle in 7.62 x 54R ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Century" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
selector67
January 26, 2007, 06:37 PM
Is it a M38 or M44, the M44 has the bayonet on the side.

clarkford
January 26, 2007, 06:40 PM
They sell 91/30`s with laminated stocks at J&G Sales for 100 dollars. Non- laminated they sell for 75 dollars. They include ammo pouch, canvas sling, and a cleaning kit.

1 old 0311
January 26, 2007, 07:33 PM
Also try www.classicarms.us

offthepaper
January 26, 2007, 09:13 PM
+1 on Classic Arms.
I just recieved one of their lamenated 91/30;s. I called first and faxed my C&R, then called back the next day with my order. I went for a Hex reciever of Tula mfg ($10 for each option) and then paid an additional $10 for a handpick selection. Recieved it 3 days later via UPS. A 1932 with very good metal and wood. It was'nt very dirty, a minor wipe down likely would had been enough, but I always like to strip, clean and lube anything once it becomes mine. It arrived in a pretty beat up box and included oiler bottle, tools, sling, ammo pouch, and bayo. The bore is excellent. It appears to have been arsenal redone and unissed since. There were a few very small spots where the refinish in the metal (remember, we're talking MN here) was of Russian quality and a tiny spot of corrosion has started. I rubbed it with steel wool and oiled it. Does'nt show anymore. I have'nt shot it yet, but should be able to get some range time soon. Anyway, total cost delivered to the door for about $133. I'm very satisfied with the deal. Either way, Good luck with the Mosin.

bvchurch
January 26, 2007, 09:36 PM
If you don't have an FFL (or if you don't have the ability to get one just yet), or you don't want to pay a transfer fee (which I guess could range from 20 to 100+), I think handselecting a M91/30, M38 or M44 from Century International Arms at a local shop is just fine. Personally I purchased all my Mosin Nagants at Big 5 stores (Big 5 sporting goods). Of course I did not just go and buy the ones they had, I waited for a couple weeks on one model, and during the same week I was also able to find another model, and then a few weeks later (just two weeks ago) I purchased another.

I paid 89.95 + tax for each one, two were in excellent condition (well one was VG according to Century) and then one that is in good to very good condition, but had a special mark on it. So I would shop around, you will find one that will appeal to you. For me I like knowing that they have a little history, and therefore why I searched around for a bit for one that I thought might hold more history to it than another.

Just my two cents.

longhorngunman
January 27, 2007, 12:11 AM
Check out www.interordnance.com also. They have a huge amount of Mosin's. They were running a special a month ago, ordered an M44 for $55 and a laminated M38 for $70, no handpick. Both were in excellent condition, way better than I figured I was due for the cheap price. The only damage on them was some spots on the wood thanks to the UPS man.:mad: Whoops, no not the UPS man, Interordnance uses Fedex.

If you enjoyed reading about "Century" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!