In stock ammunition carrier

PDA

rockstar.esq
January 28, 2007, 01:53 AM
In Jeff Coopers book "The Art of the Rifle" there is a photo and caption about a unique spare ammunition carrier that is inletted into the buttstock of a rifle. What is particularly cool about it is that it has a sliding cover which allows the shooter to selectively drop one cartridge out at a time. If anybody here has a lead on where a person might buy one I'd really appreciate it. If memory serves, the one in the photo was made by a custom gunsmith.

Please note that I'm not talking about an elastic buttcuff with cartridge loops here!

If you enjoyed reading about "In stock ammunition carrier" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SUBMOAS
January 28, 2007, 02:17 AM
.35 Whelen
I ordered it from a gunsmith in Colorado. Took a lot of fitting but turned out great.

rockstar.esq
January 28, 2007, 02:42 AM
That is really close! I live in Colorado would you PM me the gunsmiths information?

If you enjoyed reading about "In stock ammunition carrier" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!