Garand needs Parkerizing

PDA

Dave P
June 2, 2003, 04:27 PM
Will be building a 308 garand soon, and want to sent it out for a park job. I know that Deans will do it for about $175, but I am trying to get by cheaper. Anybody have good experience to share?

If you enjoyed reading about "Garand needs Parkerizing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
762x51
June 2, 2003, 05:15 PM
Try Tony Pucci at Orion 7. I dont know what he charges for the service but I bought a select grade from him and the parkerizing is a very nice greenish gray. Nice guy too.

http://www.m1garand.com

AZ Jeff
June 2, 2003, 06:24 PM
Another choice is Chesnut Ridge Supply in Pennsylvannia. He has a web site, if you are curious. Tony at Orion 7 is very good, too.

I have used both of these guys for parkerizing jobs. Chesnut can also blacken gas cylinders for M1's, which is not something everyone can do, since they are stainless steel.

dfariswheel
June 2, 2003, 08:44 PM
I can't off hand remember the name of the company, but they're located in Brownsville, Texas.
They've been in business a LOOOOOONG time, and do good work at good prices.

Also Texas Armament Company in Blanket, Texas. They've been in business 30 years. They advertise long guns at $80.00.

Coltdriver
June 2, 2003, 09:58 PM
I would encourage you to contact Mac at www.shootiniron.com

Mac simply does great work.

ChairborneRanger
June 8, 2003, 05:13 PM
Another who does good work at a reasonable price is Jim Gravitt at Pro-Tech Engineering in Illinois. Advertises in SGN. Don't know his email/website right off hand.

If you enjoyed reading about "Garand needs Parkerizing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!