What is the deal on Pawn shop pricing?

PDA

mrcpu
February 5, 2007, 08:25 PM
I understand "buy low, sell high". But some of the stuff I saw today was ridiculous. a .22 crickett, short stock, well-used, with some cheapo little scope on it, probably was never cleaned, for $235? $235?

Do I make 'em an offer, or just go buy a new one, and wash my hands of the whole affair?

If you enjoyed reading about "What is the deal on Pawn shop pricing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Milkmaster
February 5, 2007, 08:30 PM
New Crickett rifles don't cost that much. I see the same thing around here with Pawn Shops. They ask new prices for old and sometimes abused weapons. I usually go into a pawn shop looking for something cheap to work on for a project. Seldom I buy anything from them.

Derby FALs
February 5, 2007, 08:31 PM
Offer 50% right off the bat. If that is still too high buy elsewhere.

AJAX22
February 5, 2007, 08:34 PM
I believe usuall markup on pawn consignments is 300% amount loaned. (don't know for certain, possibly some guys on here may have first hand experiance) so offering 50% on firearms is a good way to start the ball roling, they are still making money on the deal, and you are getting a good value.

and like Derby says, if the price is just wayyyyy to high, go elsewhere, a couple of years from now it'll be reasonably priced.

clarence222
February 5, 2007, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't offer any where near that much unless it is practically brand new.
I priced one the other day for $159 that was stainless with the laminated stock. That is the regular price for too. The blued with either wood or synthetic stock was about $20 less.

clarence222
February 5, 2007, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't offer any where near that much unless it is practically brand new.
I priced one the other day for $159 that was stainless with the laminated stock. That is the regular price for too. The blued with either wood or synthetic stock was about $20 less. So if you offer 50% thats about $117.50 I can buy a new one for $139 and have seen them on sale for less than that.

XavierBreath
February 5, 2007, 08:41 PM
Offer what it is worth to you. If they are willing to sell it for that, deal. If they are not willing to sell for that, find someone who will.
To me, a used single shot .22 rifle is worth about $75, crickett or no crickett.

The most prevalent myth in the marketplace is that goods, especially used goods, have absolute values. Blue Books feed on this myth. In reality, an item is only worth what the buyer and seller agree it is worth. If you are unable to independently decide what an item is worth to you, personally, irregardless of those around you, you will never be able to haggle well. The seller has already made that decision.

I wrote an article on my pawn shopping secrets here (http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2006/05/pawn-shopping-secrets.html). Pawn shops are like any other business. Some are run intelligently, some are not. Don't judge them all based on your experience in one. You will be missing out on some excellent deals if you do.

mp510
February 5, 2007, 08:43 PM
Pawn shop salesman are often willing to negotiate the asking price down, if you talk to them.

f4t9r
February 5, 2007, 08:43 PM
I do not understand the pricing myself. Normally priced more then new :banghead:

B. Adams
February 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
I don't know, I got a great deal on a Winchester 1300 at a pawn shop. $100 less than the gunshop, and mine is in much better shape and it came with a case. The two places are several blocks from each other on the same street.

That said, most of the time pawn shops are too high, but most are willing to make a deal with you. The one I bought my 1300 from wouldn't budge at all, (and trust me, I tried, several times). They wouldn't move at all, no matter what. I actually asked the girl, "What kind of pawn shop are you?" "Not a good one," she answered, then paused, "At least, not for bargaining." She slipped that last part in at the last moment. :)

I still got a good deal on it though, but it was the strangest pawn shop I've ever been in. :D

So yeah, make them an offer, or ask them what they can do for you, then make them a lower offer. That's what pawn shops do. Well, most of them anyway. :rolleyes:

Standing Wolf
February 5, 2007, 08:48 PM
I was once offered the time of day for less than a dollar in a pawn shop.

bogie
February 5, 2007, 09:00 PM
You got a great deal, $100 less than you'd expect at Boxmart, and you're surprised they weren't budging on the price?

They probably just priced it at what they wanted for it.

No Duh...

You can try offering less. It may work.

BigBlock
February 5, 2007, 09:02 PM
They ask those prices because they know there are people stupid enough to pay them. Just like ebay - old worthless crap often goes for more than a new item. People actually buy gift cards on ebay for more than face value + shipping...:rolleyes:

GigaBuist
February 5, 2007, 11:14 PM
I was once told the price on a Mosin Nagant 91/30 was $400 at a pawn shop. When asked why they said that's just what that model goes for.

That's 2x retail even if it was a Finn!

I held my laughter until I out the door.

MrDig
February 5, 2007, 11:21 PM
There is only one pawnshop I will buy from in the Mpls/St Paul area. They start out with honest used prices on used guns. Great owner and one of the hands and I have an agreement he don't BS me I might get my credit card out.

Ala Dan
February 5, 2007, 11:42 PM
Its been my experience from many year's ago, that its very hard to strike
a deal with a pawn broker. Remember many moons ago, when the "Dirty
Harry" hype got top billing and all the S&W model 29 .44 magnums of that
time seemingly dried up? Well, I found a very much used 4" model at City
Pawn Shop here in Birmingham for what I thought was a unbelieveable
price of $225. Thing is, this firearm was worn out from shooting HOT
magnum loads; but the gun was in such demand that the owners told
me that he knew it would sell~!

Fast forward to six months later, well that very well used S&W model 29
.44 maggie was still there collecting dust, and accumulating bumps and
brusies from being handled by John Q. Public because of all the hype. A
few weeks later, a lad came forward with $165 cash in hand and the old
model 29 faded away into history. Morale of this story that I learned from
my very dear friend Mr. C.R. Sam, "Have Patience And Carry Cash".

A couple of months went by, and I too found a dream of a lifetime. In
the very sporting goods store/gunshop that I work in today, I found a
brand NIB (mahogany presentation case) 4" barrel, factory blued Smith
& Wesson .41 magnum for the unheard of price of $175. Tax included,
the total came to $185.50; and I was the proud papa of a new S&W.

vynx
February 5, 2007, 11:42 PM
You have to remember Pawn Shops are NOT in the business of selling merchandise...they are in the LOAN business.

Making loans at exhorbatant rates is how they make money it far overshadows the money made on unclaimed merchandise and the sale of the merchandise.

The stuff on display is advertising it doesn't cost them like inventory so they don't need to move it. And, if you use a pawn shop for a loan it is not a financially savvy move so they figure they people who patronize them are not the kind of people looking for a good deal.

Monkeybear
February 6, 2007, 12:09 AM
Some shops are cool, some are not. The cool ones have fair prices, good service and are usually willing to turn a fair price into a good deal if the item has been around for awhile. The not cool ones have $150 Hipoints and rusted Lorcins for $200 and the guy at the counter refuses to haggle even though the price tag is turning yellow.

When you find the cool ones bring cash when you come in and try not to piss off the managers.

Mortech
February 6, 2007, 01:32 AM
I usually will end up paying 60% of the posted price . The price you see is a sucker price for gun buying noobs , I have a favorite pawn shop near Ft Lewis that has ridiculously priced used guns (For example a pre-enhanced version of a S&W 9mm Sigma for $420 !) I will usually make him an offer outside of ear shot of any other customers since I always get great deals from him and I pay cash .

rangerruck
February 6, 2007, 02:28 AM
most pawn shos nowadays have a computerized software system, that shows them what they should buy it for, and what to sell it for; it is generally about 60%more than what they paid for it. you can make any offer you want, but if it is at a large chain pawn shop, you are likely to get a no, unless they have had it a while. They prefer quick turnover. if it is more of a mom/pop place, they may have got taken themselves, not knowing what it was worth, and paid too much for it. i would still make them an offer, though. All they can say is no.

CajunBass
February 6, 2007, 02:42 AM
There is one pawn shop in town that I know of that sells guns. They have some nice stuff in there, from time to time, but the prices they have on the tags is so high, I don't even bother to haggle. It's not my style anyway. I figure you put the price on it you want. If I want to pay it, I will, if I don't, thanks for your time.

Nematocyst
February 6, 2007, 03:08 AM
(chess) (http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=pawn) the least powerful piece; moves only forward and captures only to the side;
it can be promoted to a more powerful piece if it reaches the 8th rank

it's called a "pawn" shop.

get it?

Hipster
February 6, 2007, 05:47 AM
A lot of the pawn shops around here routinely tag each item with the original MSRP of the product when it was new. That price is usually easy for them to determine and the shop employees don't have to worry about whether they're pricing the item too high or too low. It's a no brainer method of pricing.

These shops don't expect anyone to actually pay the tag price for most items. You make an offer for what you are comfortable with. They'll either accept your offer or tell you no.

hoji
February 6, 2007, 07:08 AM
Some pawn shop " finds" in Austin.

Bersa.380{marked as a Beretta} $450

Ruger 10/22 stainless $325

Taurus 605 stainless $475

Glock 19 $799

S&W Sigma .40 $799

These are just some that stand out, and these were at different shops around town. They do not haggle even when I pointed out that their "Beretta" .380 was actually a Bersa and retailed new for about 200.

I brought in an ad from Oshman's for new 10/22 stainless models at $189 and they still wouldn't budge.

Just my experience. If you are looking for a deal, check the newspapers.

OLD DOMENION
February 6, 2007, 08:01 AM
Pawn shops are in business to make money. They must get a lot of unsalable stuff in. That could be the reason that the biggest piece of junk firearm is priced AS NEW.
The only thing I would buy from a pawn shop would have to be NEW.

Geno
February 6, 2007, 08:08 AM
A Glock 19 for $799?!

Wow...I can buy one brand new in Michigan for $479.00! The 19C is only $519.00!

thebaldguy
February 6, 2007, 08:40 AM
I've had mostly bad experiences with guns and pawn shops. Prices were way too high, and they wouldn't budge. I saw guns sitting for months on the shelves and racks that didn't sell.

For the record, I have never purchased a firearm from a pawn shop. I found better guns elsewhere at better prices.

Dr. Dickie
February 6, 2007, 10:37 AM
I have never done it, but the Holy Grail of good gun prices is considered to be "Estate Sales."
As these are usually widows selling their husband's guns, for the price the husband said he paid for it!:what:

Hemicuda
February 6, 2007, 11:10 AM
I got a Remington Nylon 77 in SENECA (yes, Seneca, not K-Ma-Part) green in LIKE NEW condition, with the original box, and paperwork, from a Lansing, Michigan pawn shop for $79.00 OUT THE DOOR...

As Remington Nylon's go, that gun is one of the rarer variants, and in merely decent condition I have seen them go for 300 bucks...

you GOTTA know what you are looking at, and what it is worth, BUT, the deals ARE out there!

mogunner
February 6, 2007, 02:58 PM
There is a pawn shop in my little town, that has an Hi-Point .40S&W in their display case for $159.00. It has been in the display case for nearly a Year and he will not come down on the price. I offered a 100.00 for it and he laughed and said it was already on sale for the 159, he tried to tell me it was worth at least 200. I suppose it will sit in his display case for another year.

Ala Dan
February 6, 2007, 03:10 PM
You know guys this has really turned into a very interesting thread, at least
for me. You see, a little history lesson is in order here. My current employer,
Simmons Sporting Goods actually started out in the clothing business 'round
1900. The business grew from just another clothing business, to a PAWN
SHOP in the very early days; then in 1945 it became Simmons Sporting
Goods. We have been in the same location since the begining, so you
might say our corner should have a "historical marker" put in place.

I remember going into this business as a very young lad with my now
deceased dad, many-many moons ago. It was always an enjoyable
experience, visiting our friends at the family owned and operated
PAWN SHOP. Today, we are not in the PAWN business; but the
traditions and customer service as set forth by the Simmons family
ancestors carries on today; as we offer 12 month interest free
financing, and a easy 90 day Lay-A-Way plan. So in closing, come
see us at the historic Simmons Sporting Goods located on the corner
of 2nd Avenue and 20th street in downtown Bessemer, Alabama.;)

TimboKhan
February 6, 2007, 03:25 PM
having worked in a pawnshop, I can tell you that the markup is not 300%. Generally, the loan given is about 25% of the value of the item, to include depreciation, with guns being about twice as high. If the loan defaults, then we mark up about 75% of the loan, and the lowest we will sell it for is about 30% over the loan value.

That being said, that was what my pawnshop did. Some pawnshop do charge excessive amounts, and the reason for that is really pretty simple. At least half of the people that come into pawnshops think that everything is a bargain, and thus don't really try that hard to negotiate down. In other words, if I am overcharging on a gun by, say, 80 dollars, and your not smart enough to know that, if I give you 20 or 30 bucks off, you leave thinking you got a great deal, and I am still richer by 50 or 60 bucks. If your savvy, there are plenty of good deals to be made in pawnshops. If the guy behind the counter won't deal, just move on, or wait until another guy will.

One other thing to consider is that the people that are behind the counter aren't infallible. I once overloaned a substantial amount on a model 70 because I read the book wrong and thought it was a better rifle than it was. That rifle is still sitting there (4 years later) because no one is going to pay the price they are asking, and they can't go any lower than it is now without losing money.

The Rifleman
February 6, 2007, 04:33 PM
P. T. Barnum said that there is a sucker born every minute.

http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

B.D. Turner
February 6, 2007, 04:57 PM
I bought an FNC at a pawn shop in Jacksonville NC for $350 out the door.
I was a pawn shop regular for a long time. I got to know the owners and made several good friends. I also saved a bunch of money. Not all pawn shops are the same and just like every other business there are the "Thats the price" folks who never lower a price. There are also the dealers who will knock off a little even if it's only tax it never hurts to ask.

redneck2
February 6, 2007, 04:58 PM
I bought a NIB Marlin bolt .22 mag with scope and sling for $90 OTD.

Bought an unfired Russian SKS for $120 OTD.

Unfired Remington Sendero 700 7mm RM, with Leupold QD mounts on a VX-III, Harris bi-pod & sling for $750.

Nobody's twisting your arm to buy the stuff. Gotta know what you're looking at and what it's worth.

Pawn shops typically don't get all that many guns. If every one was a screaming deal, their shelves would be empty.

Do you buy every car you look at?? Do you buy every gun at the local Wally World?? Why not?? They're cheap.

joab
February 6, 2007, 05:06 PM
Blue Books feed on this myth.The major pawn shop chain down here lives by The Book
The price they give you is based on the 60% value listed in the book and the sell it for the 100% price

I was desperate once and tried to sell a Bisley Blackhawk to a shop and they were going to give me $75
They had one in the display that looks about half as good as my six rounds fired as new gone for sell at $300 at the time a brand new one costs about $325.
I would have sold mine for $150 but they wouldn't budge, and that was a fast seller down here.

I have gotten excellent deals from another shop that was owned by a shooter and collector. He priced his guns to move at prices that he would have paid if he were the shopper.

If you just to look around for the right shop

Speer
February 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
S&W Sigma .40 $799

:rolleyes:

I browsed pawn shops for my first gun. It was good for a laugh.

Baba Louie
February 6, 2007, 06:21 PM
There's some pawn shop owners who sell guns, there's some FFL's who also do pawn for business, there's guys who know you, there's guys who you know and there's a sucker born every minute.

Know what you're looking at, what you're willing to pay, have cash in pocket, be ready to leave if you can't work up some kind of good relationship with the person who handles the actual FFL end of things. Never hurts to make new friends.

But, like I said, be ready to walk out with your cash in pocket if need be.

RobW
February 6, 2007, 06:39 PM
My friend and I liked to browse the "Pawn-Shop" aside the indoor range we used to go. We did it every weekend when we were shooting.

They had a badly rusted Lyman press for $148.00. The same model you could get at MidwayUSA for $89.something. Offering them $50.00 they laughed and refused.

Then we laughed badly INSIDE the shop. That thing was sitting there for 3 (in words: three) years. And then the shop and the press was gone.

Well deserved.

RioShooter
February 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
Pawn shops make their money on the loans that they extend, so anything that they make on firearms is just gravy to them. For that reason, they'll sit on one until it literally disintegrates into wood and steel atoms, because they're not dependent upon turnover in their merchandise to pay the rent and lights.

If this is true, why waste all the time and money on merchandising. Instead of a show room with shelving and glass display cases, just have a small store with two employees. One to wait on customers and the other to sell all the hocked stuff on ebay. Of course, they'd have to give-up firearms.

TimboKhan
February 6, 2007, 10:39 PM
if this is true, why waste all the time and money on merchandising. Instead of a show room with shelving and glass display cases, just have a small store with two employees. One to wait on customers and the other to sell all the hocked stuff on ebay. Of course, they'd have to give-up firearms.

Well, it is true. Pawn shops make WAY more money off of loans than they do off of sales, and I suspect thats true not matter where you go. For instance: At the pawn shop that I worked at, we did a favor for a guy and loaned him 10 bucks on a craptacular pair of binos. They were there when I got there (and had been for some time) and they were there when I left. I forget the period of time they had been on loan, but we had made something like 100 bucks on interest alone! Rockstar.esq and I actually were just going to give him back his bino's at one point, but for some reason we didn't. Some pawnshops do only have a couple of employees. Some, like the one I worked at, were busy enough to merit having three clerks and a manager on duty at all times. Most pawnshops with any amount of ambition will sell stuff on ebay these days. In fact, the one that I worked at has a dedicated ebay guy who does nothing but pull stuff from the three stores and sell on ebay.

Look at it this way: I just had to pawn 2 guns off to pay off some parking tickets I had gotten. I took a loan of 300.00. The interest on that loan was 60 bucks. That shop made 60 bucks off of me for what amounts to nothing but storage. Sure, if they put those items up for sale, they might have made 100-150 bucks on each gun (if not more). It seems like a forfeit would have been a better deal for them, and in this particular case it sort of is, but in reality, the 60 bucks is way better because then they don't have merchandise that they have to make money off of. What they want is for me to either just pay the interest for a few months, or to pay the loan off slowly. That way, inside of just a few months, they make more money than the sale would have ever made them, without any hassle on their part at all.

XavierBreath
February 7, 2007, 04:33 PM
If this is true, why waste all the time and money on merchandising. Instead of a show room with shelving and glass display cases, just have a small store with two employees. One to wait on customers and the other to sell all the hocked stuff on ebay. Of course, they'd have to give-up firearms.
Actually, quite a few pawn shops do business on Auction Arms and Gun Broker, as well as ebay for other goods. Sometimes though, it's just easier to sell stuff to people over the counter.

thales
February 7, 2007, 05:16 PM

Pawn shops are supported by their customers, who tend to be improvident and impulsive, in dire need of fifty bucks until payday because they blew their ready cash on some gimcrack they just had to have. Knowing this, a lot of pawnbrokers put merchandise out a high price in the hope that a sucker will walk in and blow his ready cash on some gimcrack he just has to have.

What some pawnbrokers don't know is that they themselves can be impulsive and can fall in love with their merchandise until they can't bear to part with it at any realistic price.

Titan6
February 7, 2007, 05:38 PM
What some pawnbrokers don't know is that they themselves can be impulsive and can fall in love with their merchandise until they can't bear to part with it at any realistic price.

That certainly is true I went to one shop where the lady had a 4" stainless Python for $1350. She told me it was practically new. I checked it out at about 60% and started asking about all the wear and carbon build up when she let slip that she shot it all the time and sometimes took it home at night. But it was still for sale

Ala Dan
February 7, 2007, 05:53 PM
S&W Sigma .40 $799

Heck, I sell 'em NIB everyday for $319.88

Green Lantern
February 7, 2007, 05:58 PM
Well....I sorta owe a debt of gratitude to a pawn shop. It was at one that I first handled an SKS with a rusty bolt, priced at $300.

NO, I didn't buy it...

But YES, after handling it I had to own one. I just found one via classicarms and a local FFL at a much more reasonable price! :D

Sniper X
February 7, 2007, 06:00 PM
I was in the market for a 10-22 to trick out. I intended to change the barrel, and stock right away so didn't want to buy a new one the just have a stock and barrel in the closet. I looked for used ones at the local gun stores but no one had one so I started looking at pawn shops, thought it would be a great place to find a beater and strip the stock and barrel off and Christiansonize or at least Butler Creek it. I had checked new prices which ran anywhere from like 169.00 at the lowest to about 199 at the highest. NEW..... found 4 different pawn shops with 10-22 rifles that were all beat pretty bad. the lowest was $239.00 and the hihghest was 319.00!!!!! None were vintege just run of the mill 10-22s.

Dravur
February 7, 2007, 06:06 PM
about the Pawn Shop in the town where I live... Lots of gun, loads of em. And most have enough dust on them to qualify as rare archealogical treasures.

Each gun in there apparently is worth a small fortune and is in mint condition.. a good example was the Beretta 75 that I saw in there for $225. Not a great price, but I like those little guns. Then I handled it... cracked grips, the slide release missing. Now these parts would not be easy to replace, but when this was pointed out, the price magically....stayed the same.

With all of the other guns in the place WAY overpriced for either their condition or their pedigree, I have only been in there a couple times. I usually walk out with a stunned look and a hearty chuckle at their Chutzpah.

That's better than what some guys walk out of there with.... If they bought anything, they are usually walking gingerly and have something latex hanging out.

tomhorn
February 7, 2007, 06:10 PM
I live in houston Tx I go to the bad part of town to pawn shops the other parts get to much shopping crowd ..

joab
February 7, 2007, 08:48 PM
Just checked my old reciepts

From Park Ave pawn
Uberti Cattleman in 44/40 looked new not even a cylinder timing ring $171 qith tax
Unfired Rossi 92 rifle in 44/40 for same price

From the same shop
2 Norinco 1911s one for $225 and one for $325

Apparently unfired Uberti Remington 1858 and Colt 1862 BP $70 each and a Uberti 1858 revolver carbine for $125 traded them all at a gun shop for an as new Marlin Cowboy in .45 a week later

The list goes on
I have actually bought from this shop and taken it to a gun shop and either traded or sold for more money

Most of my guns come from this shop and the one across the street
The trick is to let both shops know this

jnojr
February 7, 2007, 09:13 PM
There was a guy, I think on SIGForum, who got an FNC out of a pawn shop (I want to say in Seattle?) for $1200 or so.

I had to respond and tell him how much I hated him :D

gunmn74
February 7, 2007, 09:52 PM
I use to shop in pawn shops in the Denver area and got some outstanding
deals. I now live near Wichita and all the pawn shops seem to think they
are retail gun dealers. (prices well above new). The only thing I have seen
worse are farm auctions, where a 22 rifle that looks like it has been drug
around behind the truck sells for 200 bucks.:banghead:

boomer1911a1
February 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
I've got a pretty good pawn shop. After doing business with them for years, they cut me pretty good deals. Of course, their guns are priced high, but you can bargain with them.

One notable exception to the high asking price was a S&W Model 41 which they had up for $399! If I hadn't been Christmas broke.... :(

Phaetos
February 8, 2007, 06:05 PM
Went to a shop around here looking for some MilSurp rifles. A shope had 2 SKS and a M1 Garand on the shelf! The SKS's were really dark and beat up. Looking closer the entire stock had been VARNISHED, with not 1 coat, but apparently 4 or 5. Barrels in horrible condition, rusted and pitted on the OUTSIDE, didn't bother with inside. Price tag you say ... $399!!! I told them it had too many 9's on it :) The Garand was also in horrible condidition, they wanted $1150 for it. Couldn't get $250 at a show for the condidition it was in. Their response was "that's the going price, people pay it." Blah!

Sniper X
February 8, 2007, 06:13 PM
You know another thing I notice about Pawn shops here in Albuquerque is every time I have been in one in the city the proprioters look like Biker gang members. At least 2 of the shops here, probably owned by the same people the guys behind the couonter wear their Diablos Colors while working! Also, I have NEVER seen a gun in good shape in a pawn shop here in Albuqueruqe, but I have not looked for about a year so things might have changed.

BigRed
February 8, 2007, 10:06 PM
You know another thing I notice about Pawn shops here in Albuquerque is every time I have been in one in the city the proprioters look like Biker gang members. At least 2 of the shops here, probably owned by the same people the guys behind the couonter wear their Diablos Colors while working! Also, I have NEVER seen a gun in good shape in a pawn shop here in Albuqueruqe, but I have not looked for about a year so things might have changed.

Being from Albuquerque myself..... You must be talking about the shops (not mentioning any names) close to the Airport?!

tank mechanic
February 17, 2007, 10:03 PM
I have never really checked out pawn shops until I noticed this thread. For the last week or so I have checked quite a few pawn shops in Colorado Springs and i can say without a doubt that every single gun was overpriced and junk. Every shop had at least one used astra 1911 for at least $289, which I thought was odd that every single shop had one. One shop had a Poly Tech AK with a figer glass stock, used, for $850!:eek: The guy behind the counter kept telling me what a good deal it was and I couldn't help but chuckle. I highly doubt that I will find a good deal at a pawn shop here in town.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is the deal on Pawn shop pricing?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!