puma 92 .454 what is your round count ?

PDA

kidcoltoutlaw
June 3, 2003, 09:11 AM
how many rounds have you put through you gun and is it holding up ? how long have they been making it as the puma 92 ? have you had any problems and where can i get sights easier for my old eyes to see ? thanks,keith

If you enjoyed reading about "puma 92 .454 what is your round count ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
iamkris
June 3, 2003, 09:19 AM
I can only answer 2 of your 5 questions.

Rossi just started manufacturing the Puma 92 in .454 last year IIRC.

I just replace the sights on my Rossi (45 Colt not 454) with a Marbles full buckhorn rear and Marbles gold-beaded blade up front. $25 total from Brownells and about 10 minutes of work with a brass punch. Excellent sights.

I seen no long term tests of the 454. The 92 action is pretty strong. I haven't heard much about the strength of Rossi metallurgy.

kidcoltoutlaw
June 3, 2003, 11:09 AM
thanks for the tips.

Desert Dog
June 3, 2003, 01:05 PM
...and the action is as tight as it was new.

Ashley Outdoors
Williams Sights
Marbles

These are all outstanding manufacturers of sights, and they make them to fit the Puma...

Mike

MCNETT
June 4, 2003, 12:37 PM
About 1,200 rounds of good heavy stuff through my gun since last Oct and it is as tight as new. I purchased some Hi-Viz sights and it is a different gun!
-Mike

kidcoltoutlaw
June 4, 2003, 07:45 PM
better sights is what i need . thanks for the round counts.where and what kind of sight did you get. Hi-Viz sights is what i need.maybe a black powder type sling that straps on the gun so i don't have to drill it to ,thanks,keith

Desert Dog
June 4, 2003, 09:11 PM
Just so you know, the tube magazine on the Puma 454 and a 16 gauge shotgun barrel are very close to the same size, so a swivel mount for the said shotgun will fit the tube of the Puma.

Mike

kidcoltoutlaw
June 5, 2003, 07:42 PM
thanks for the info i will get one,thanks,keith

If you enjoyed reading about "puma 92 .454 what is your round count ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!