The Deacons For Defense and the 2nd Amendment

PDA

springmom
February 7, 2007, 10:21 AM
This is a super article, well worth your reading.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/column.aspx?UrlTitle=second_amendment_freedoms_aided_the_civil_rights_movement&ns=KenBlackwell&dt=02/06/2007&page=2

Charles Rangle and Jesse Jackson, are you listening? (I doubt it...)

Springmom

If you enjoyed reading about "The Deacons For Defense and the 2nd Amendment" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
xd45gaper
February 7, 2007, 10:25 AM
Good Article,

btw where is Taco Cabana?

kludge
February 7, 2007, 11:37 AM
Forwarded to my wife (a homeschooler) so she can use it this month.

Thanks for the link.

I watched "Nova" Last night "Forgotten Genius" about Pearcy Julian, a prominent black chemist who moved to Oak Park, Ill.

He and his son sat in the tree with a shotgun to protect their home. I wish I had a transript.

edit: found the transcript:

PERCY JULIAN, JR.: My dad was angry when he came home, I mean really angry, and clearly ready to fight. He looked at this as an attempt to murder his kids. For him, there was nothing redeemable about them at all. I'm taking this in like there's no tomorrow.

And actually, you know how everything has a good side? The good side was, as a kid I got to spend more time with my dad, and got to stay up late,'cause we'd sit in the tree outside. He'd sit there with a shotgun. And we'd talk about why someone would want to do this and how wrong it was and how stupid it was.

Henry Bowman
February 7, 2007, 11:44 AM
The author (Ken Blackwell) could have been our Ohio governor -- except that: 1) the Dem candidate was also fairly pro-gun; the media painted him as a theocrat extremist; 3) he declined to "go negative" on our outgoing RINO governor, Bob Taft, who; 4) had so tainted the Ohio Republican party and destroyed the state's economy that much of the conservative base stayed home and the middle swung left.

Warren
February 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
You can get the movie with Forest Whitaker here at Amazon. (http://www.amazon.com/Deacons-Defense-DVD-Forest-Whitaker/dp/B000MUYDRO/sr=1-2/qid=1170884857/ref=sr_1_2/002-8062375-2033600?ie=UTF8&s=dvd)

I really liked the movie, though I do not know how accurate it's portrayal of the events is. Regardless, it drives the point home with an all steel clue bat.

Hypnogator
February 7, 2007, 11:05 PM
btw where is Taco Cabana?

Mostly in Texas, but I think there are some in Oklahoma, also.

It's a Mexican fast food restaurant that serves pretty good Tex-Mex. They also serve frozen margaritas! :D

In fact, they usually have a drive-thru window, and used to be you could get frozen margaritas to go along with your bag of Mexican!

Gotta love Texas! :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "The Deacons For Defense and the 2nd Amendment" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!