Finally shot my M1A

PDA

aerod1
June 3, 2003, 08:32 PM
In April I bought an M1A at the Tulsa Gun Show. I finally got to shoot it over Memorial weekend. It is totally awesome. I got the Springfield Armory "loaded" model with the stainless barrel.
It is everthing I expected and more. I was shooting Port ammo. I haven't tried any other ammo yet.
So far, I am a happy man!

Jim Hall

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally shot my M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carnitas
June 3, 2003, 09:05 PM
I find it easier to understand Anti's than those of you who are not compelled to immediately head to the range after making a pick-up. Baffeling!

aerod1
June 3, 2003, 09:16 PM
Carnitas,

There is no need for you to be too concerned. My particular M1A is not legal for sale in California anyway. I do understand your statement though. It was difficult wondering how everything was going to work. Most of the time I do head to the range pronto!
Have a good day in sunny **********!

Jim Hall

Fatelvis
June 4, 2003, 10:29 PM
Aerod, we got a couple things in common: UA brothers (Local 281 Chicago) and the love for the M1A!! ;) Hope ya enjoy it!

Feanaro
June 5, 2003, 01:33 AM
I wish I could afford one. ;) Happy shootin'.

BTW some of us have constraints. Lack of transportation, work, significant others and such. So we can't go right to the range. :D

six 4 sure
June 5, 2003, 02:47 AM
Glad to hear you got to shoot yours. I picked up a Polytech M14 several months ago and haven't got to shoot mine yet.

If you are really interested in the M1A/M14 there is lots of good info over at www.battlerifles.com. Lots of good information as to where to by extra mags and such.

Six

Skunkabilly
June 5, 2003, 03:07 AM
Have a good day in sunny **********!

His location says NORTHERN California...Cali gets its surfpunk sunny reputation from us Southern folks...they just have....fog...and garlic :D :neener:

Carnitas
June 5, 2003, 08:36 AM
Yeah, but California, also gets its extreme left wing, gun hating, fruits, nuts, and flakes image from those in the south and within 15 miles of the coast.

And for what it's worth I live above the fog and below the snow, well right of red diaper crowd, and I make a dynamite mojo de ajo.

Oh, and to aerod1, thanks but I've already got my M1A.

Skunkabilly
June 5, 2003, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but California, also gets its extreme left wing, gun hating, fruits, nuts, and flakes image from those in the south and within 15 miles of the coast.

You mean like Dianne Feinstein and Don Perata? :neener: I think the radioactive crap in the water is blowing inland or at least got in our water supply though...seriously. That's why I don't drink water....

Oh, and to aerod1, thanks but I've already got my M1A.

Yeah, and ours have less recoil and more noise! What's not to like :D

Carnitas, what county are you in?

Carnitas
June 5, 2003, 01:58 PM
PM'ed

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally shot my M1A" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!