Thumbnails?

PDA

Jason Demond
January 6, 2003, 06:46 PM
Does vBulletin have this option? If so can it be turned on? Please. :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Thumbnails?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tyme
January 6, 2003, 10:48 PM
You mean avatars? If not, thumbnails of what?

Jason Demond
January 7, 2003, 06:00 PM
It makes a large picture small. You can view a thumnail in the post, or click on it to see it full size.http://www.gun-talk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=40;t=000009

Derek Zeanah
January 7, 2003, 06:48 PM
I believe he's talking about a modification to normal vB attachment options:
1) Right now, attachments show up in posts with an attachment icon, which users can click on to view tthe attachment.
2) We can change the settings so that image files are instead displayed automagically after being attached.
3) He'd like to have a feature where a 640x480 attached image would show up in reduced form, so he could see whether he'd like to view the full-sized version or not.

Should be possible, as Gallery does this with uploaded files using standard php functions. Don't know that vB is planning on supporting this in v3 though, or that I'd like to encourage huge uploads.

Seems like a great compromise though -- allow image viewing in a way that doesn't have a monster impact on bandwidth (even if there's come small hit from resizing the uploads).

Did I understand your idea?

[edit: should have checked your link.]

Jason Demond
January 7, 2003, 08:34 PM
That's a good idea too. I fixed the link, so now it works. It's a code like, www.TheHighRoad.org--. That's how it works, I don't know if vBulletin can do it or not, as Gun-Talk runs on infopop.

Jason Demond
January 10, 2003, 05:48 PM
Bump.:evil:

Derek Zeanah
February 6, 2003, 10:09 PM
Looks like this is going to be a feature (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=64685) in the next version of vB.

Thought I'd keep you updated.

Jason Demond
February 7, 2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the update Derek!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Thumbnails?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!