Sirrocco
December 24, 2002, 11:42 PM
Merry Christmas& a Happy New Year
Opinions wanted on this rifle.
SS-HB-SynS Recently traded for this.
If you have one would you recomend it
to someone else? If not why.
Thanks to all for posting.

If you enjoyed reading about "AMT Magnum Hunter?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
December 26, 2002, 02:43 PM
I have an AMT Small Game Hunter which I would guess is the same rifle as yours in .22LR.
I have read many posts over the years about the spotty quality control from AMT. I have owned two AMTs and never had any real problems with either of them. My rifle is a direct knock off of the Ruger 10/22 only it is all stainless; including the action. At the time I bought it, all the accessories for the 10/22 were not avialable like they are now. This rifle had a synthetic stock and a heavy barrel long before I ever heard of one on a 10/22. It uses standard Ruger mags and mine is fairly reliable; as reliable as the 10/22. And mine is accurate. I used it for small bore silhouette and it shot a lot better than I did. Hopefully the rifle you are talking about is the same as what I am talking about. And I hope yours works as well as mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "AMT Magnum Hunter?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!