Crimp Question

PDA

WildeKurt
February 13, 2007, 10:19 AM
I made the plunge and have reloading equip. on order (Lee Classic turret press). I have a question about crimping. I ordered the Lee dies with the Factory Crimp die. Near as I can determine this is a roll crimp. Is this true. (The Lee info I could find references Rifle dies so I'm not sure). Also, they appear to claim thier Factory Crimp die will will work with bullets that have no cannelure is this true?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Crimp Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve H
February 13, 2007, 10:21 AM
I thnik, don't quote me on this, that if you don't have a cannelure you will get a taper crimp.

MAUSER88
February 13, 2007, 10:29 AM
Yes with that die you can crimp bullets without the cannelure.

Walkalong
February 13, 2007, 10:35 AM
Auto pistol calibers generally come with a taper crimp die and revolver calibers generally come with a roll crimp die. Auto pistol bullets will not have a cannelure and revolver bullets will. In general.

The Bushmaster
February 13, 2007, 12:11 PM
Walkalong has the answer. To add to that...Most rifle FCDs will have a taper crimp also.

If you enjoyed reading about "Crimp Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!