Mossberg parts question.

PDA

doubleg
February 14, 2007, 11:58 PM
Are mossberg 500 parts interchangable with a New Haven 600at?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg parts question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Smitty in CT
February 15, 2007, 11:16 AM
Some are, some aren't. The Model 600 was a single slide action bar (similar to the Maverick), The Model 500 uses a dual slide action bar set up ("old" Model 500's had singles, too)

You may want to check out the Mavericks, I'm not sure but I think the 600 and the Maverick are very similar, except the 600 has wood and the Maverick has plastic.

Smitty

doubleg
February 15, 2007, 11:32 AM
Mine has two slide action bars. Maybe it was bubba'd That would explain why the front is so loose.

Old John
February 15, 2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the older Mossbergs and Mavericks had single action bars.

The Newer models all have the Twin action Bars, in both Mossberg & Maverick.
If you go to the O.F.Mossberg Website, you'll find Both the Mossbergs and the Mavericks listed & explained, with the Specifications for both.
Have Fun

Smitty in CT
February 15, 2007, 03:34 PM
Their new catalog is up there too now....

http://www.mossberg.com/content.asp?ID=601&section=media

Some really nice new centerfire rifles....

CaCrusin
February 15, 2007, 03:51 PM
Basically, all Mossberg shotguns in the same gauge have interchangeable parts, with the exception of the single action arm units as mentioned previously. THe 600 was made for Montgomery Ward or Sears but is a pure 500. Only the name has been changed. You can even take the trigger group from a Maverick 88 and put it in a 590 A1 for a trigger block safety instead of the receiver mouunted version. Mix and match, Mossberg does.

CaCrusin :cool:

doubleg
February 15, 2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks everyone. One more question. How would I go about getting that pump tightened up. You can wobble it around a awful lot. Is this a gunsmith/veteran shooters job only?

Smitty in CT
February 15, 2007, 09:19 PM
If it didn't wobble, it wouldn't be a Mossberg....

Seriously, I have a Mossberg 535 that is only a couple of years old and it has "wobbled" since the day I brought it home. It doesn't affect the performance any, that's just one of the many characteristics that make them different.

There has to be something for the Remmington guys to complain about...lol:neener: ....I have an "older" 20GA 870 Wingmaster, too.... So I don't which side of the 500 / 870 coin I fall on.

Smitty

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg parts question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!