Golden Bear and/or Hornady 7.62x39mm FMJ: Any good?

PDA

Juna
February 22, 2007, 05:00 PM
Has anyone here ever used Golden Bear or Hornady 7.62x39mm FMJ? How is it? How's the accuracy? Reliablity? How dirty is it? Is it corrosive?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Golden Bear and/or Hornady 7.62x39mm FMJ: Any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Juna
February 23, 2007, 07:56 AM
Maybe it was golden tiger? Nobody's used any of this ammo before? Has anyone ever heard of it?

What about Hornady? I've heard of that, but I've never known anyone to use their 7.62x39.

Gary G23
February 23, 2007, 08:37 AM
Golden Bear is made by Barnaul. Barnaul and Ulyanovsk make the best and most accurate Russian steel cased commie ammo IMO.
Golden Tiger is made by Vympel. IMO not quite as good as the other two however much better than the Wolf that is made by Tula Cartridge Works.
The Wolf Military Classic is made Ulyanovsk.
None of the above are corrosive.
The only reliability problems I have experienced have been with the Wolf made by TCW.

Juna
February 23, 2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks a lot! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting some weird, unreliable, corrosive ammo.

Thin Black Line
February 23, 2007, 10:21 AM
Juna,

The only corrosive ammo I've been running into has been the old chicom mil
ammo (completely copper-washed) which hasn't been imported for many
years and the rare East German "stuck"? which came in sometime in the 90s.

Both of these re-appeared at gun shows and a few stores when the price
shy-rocketed this past year.

Juna
February 23, 2007, 11:30 AM
The only corrosive ammo I've been running into has been the old chicom mil
ammo (completely copper-washed) which hasn't been imported for many
years and the rare East German "stuck"? which came in sometime in the 90s.

Good to know. I hadn't heard of Golden Bear or Golden Tiger, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't the chicom stuff before I bought it.

not quite as good as the other two however much better than the Wolf that is made by Tula Cartridge Works.

Why is Wolf so much more expensive, then? I'm just curious. I found this Golden Bear/Tiger stuff for much cheaper.

Gary G23
February 23, 2007, 06:45 PM
"Why is Wolf so much more expensive, then? I'm just curious. I found this Golden Bear/Tiger stuff for much cheaper."

Wolf has brand name recognition. The people that import it have good marketing skills.

If you enjoyed reading about "Golden Bear and/or Hornady 7.62x39mm FMJ: Any good?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!