Best long distance shot ever.

PDA

Vairochana
February 22, 2007, 05:32 PM
I am a big fan of tricky long distance shooting.
This morning on the news I heard about what is arguably the best trick shot attempted to date.
Later to day a 3m space probe will use Mars' gravity to set it on course for a 3 billion mile journey taking 7 years at the end of which it will land soflty on a comet.
Now if that ain't trick shooting I don't know what is. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Best long distance shot ever." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pax Jordana
February 22, 2007, 05:38 PM
I did that once with my pre '64 winchester spaceprobe. Just sorta slung it over my planet, and BOOM! dead jackrabbit. Best darned jack rabbit I ever tasted, too... I think the cold vacuum of space keeps 'em fresher.

:rolleyes:

SuperNaut
February 22, 2007, 05:41 PM
Chuck Norris, is that you? ;)

Bazooka Joe71
February 22, 2007, 05:46 PM
Chucky doesn't need guns or spaceprobers.....He uses mind bullets, silly:neener:

PinnedAndRecessed
February 22, 2007, 05:49 PM
The longest shot I ever made was on this planet. It was one mile.

How do I know it was one mile? Cause on the box, it said, "Caution, range, one mile."

Vairochana
February 22, 2007, 05:50 PM
I woulda thought that Chuck Norris is so tough the comet would let itself get hit.

DRZinn
February 22, 2007, 06:50 PM
Chuck Norris gives the bullet a roundhouse kick, which propels it to the target.

Mr White
February 22, 2007, 06:51 PM
An asteriod or comet headed for earth would change course on its own just to avoid the possibility of having to face Chuck.

As the the 3B mile shot, Billy Dixon could have made it... twice in a row.... in a heavy crosswind... in the rain... at night... offhand... blindfolded.

oneshooter
February 22, 2007, 07:04 PM
How about this fellow?

http://www.bobrohrer.com/sea_stories/end_of_an_era.pdf

Third page

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

If you enjoyed reading about "Best long distance shot ever." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!