Price check- Remington 700 PSS .308

PDA

fatelk
February 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
I have a Remington model 700 rifle in .308 Winchester that a friend is interested in buying from me. I'm trying to figure out a price that is reasonable for both of us. I believe it is called the PSS model. It is in excellent condition, HS precision stock, matte blue heavy barrel, bore looks perfect.

It looks like new price is well over $700. I got mine from another friend who bought it because it looked "cool" but he decided it was to heavy to lug around deer hunting. He kept the Leupold scope and I traded him a real nice .243 I never used. I have a heavy barrel 30-06 that I like better so I have no real use for this one anymore than I did for the .243 I gave him.

Bottom line- good value on a nice used PSS .308 with a Simmons 3-9x50 scope and very old Harris bipod (don't laugh, it needed a scope and this is what I had). I was thinking $575, but I generally am so concerned about ripping someone off that I tend to sell myself short. Then again I don't want to rip the guy off.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check- Remington 700 PSS .308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jenrick
February 23, 2007, 05:48 AM
fatelk: I paid $700 shipped here on THR for a 700P w/ a 6-24x BSA and Leupold rings. You're deal sounds about right, maybe a touch low.

-Jenrick

cyberhh
February 23, 2007, 01:48 PM
I'd pay $575 right now for it. Your friend should have no problem with that price - and if he does you can always PM me and I will not have a problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check- Remington 700 PSS .308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!