Wobbly bayonet-M44

PDA

The Deer Hunter
February 22, 2007, 11:03 PM
I took the Bayonet off my M44 to clean it. When i put it on and in the closed position its doesn't stay firmly against the stock anymore, it wobbles about 1/2" off the stock when you lean it one way. What can i do to fix this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wobbly bayonet-M44" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Deer Hunter
February 22, 2007, 11:21 PM
And one more thing: The sight adjustments are graduated in 1s, from one to ten. I was wondering if each graduation is the number multiplied by 10 or one hundred.

offthepaper
February 22, 2007, 11:28 PM
Did you pry on the bayo lug to get it off? Meaning did you have to spread the bayo lug at all to remove the bayo? I'm looking at mine right now. The bay lug screw bottom is flush with the lower part of the lug. Is your screw bottom flush or a little recessed? If slighly recessed you may want to place the bayo lug in a vise (use a buffer pad to avoid scratches on the lug) and SLOWLY, GENTLY tighten the vise a little to slightly compress the ears of the lug.
How was the bayo tightness before disassembly?

The Deer Hunter
February 22, 2007, 11:36 PM
I dont remember prying it, but it seemed accually a bit looser before this all happened. Ill try the vice trick tomorrow, and thanks for the help:)

The Deer Hunter
February 22, 2007, 11:44 PM
Well what do you know, i spun the bayonet around and it fits fine again. Thx anyways though.

offthepaper
February 22, 2007, 11:49 PM
Hope it helps.
Remember, this adjustment to the bayo lug will be very slight. Very small increments of pressure.

270Win
February 23, 2007, 10:00 AM
Sight adjustment is x100, btw, in meters.

The Deer Hunter
February 23, 2007, 11:28 AM
Oh, good thing you told me that they are meters because i have been thinking its yards. thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wobbly bayonet-M44" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!