Picked Up a Romanian AK Drum

PDA

Flyboy73
February 23, 2007, 02:32 AM
I picked up a romanian ak drum from Sog. There was a instruction guide made by SOG saying to take the cover off and remove the three follower bullets and then load the drum with the lever.

Has anyone done this? I would think you would need them in there.

Brion

If you enjoyed reading about "Picked Up a Romanian AK Drum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1 old 0311
February 23, 2007, 07:20 AM
That is the first I have heard of this?:confused:

iamkris
February 23, 2007, 09:22 AM
I think they don't know what they're talking about. They seem to be thinking it loads like a Chinese drum where the cover comes off and you drop in the cartridges.

To load a Romy drum you

1) Push the lever down
2) Push a cartridge past the feed lips
3) Lather, rinse, repeat

The lever is on a ratchet so you will have it go down quite a ways and then after 3 or 4 cartridges it will "reset"...hard to describe but once you experience it you'll know what I'm talking about.

http://www.centuryarms.com/manuals/ak75.pdf

Flyboy73
February 23, 2007, 02:49 PM
I will post a copy of the Instruction sheet later today. I thought it didn't seem right.

Brion

Prince Yamato
February 23, 2007, 05:40 PM
what iamkris said. It's actually quite intuitive... and a pain in the neck to do.

Flyboy73
February 24, 2007, 03:09 AM
Here's a copy of what sog sent along with the mag.

Brion

RecoilRob
February 24, 2007, 01:01 PM
The instructions say 'AK75' drum??? Is this for a different caliber than (I assume) 7.62x39? Perhaps that is why they tell you to pull the dummy follower out as it might not mesh properly with the alternate caliber.

Other than that....I am stumped!

Prince Yamato
February 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
Lord God in Heaven! That's a handwritten instruction sheet. Haven't the SOG folks heard of MS Paint? My Gosh! The instructions they "drew" for you are for a Chinese drum. You have a romanian.

iamkris
February 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
In general, I've not found SOG to be the shiniest bore in the rack...

Flyboy73
February 26, 2007, 01:18 AM
I don't think they were made for a chinese drum, since at the end they tell you to load one at a time using the feed lever.

My question why remove the ammo followers?

Brion

If you enjoyed reading about "Picked Up a Romanian AK Drum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!