Springfield Inc. Preban Serial Number Range

PDA

lionking
February 23, 2007, 12:20 PM
can someone provide this info?Search results produced alot of M1A hits,but no info.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Inc. Preban Serial Number Range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SlamFire1
February 23, 2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27362

Try this list from the American Backyard Forum. Different has complied the most complete listing of M1a rifles and production dates that I have seen. I have contributed to, I had a very earlier double lugged M1a.

There is a lot of very useful information on this forum.

Gator
February 23, 2007, 05:43 PM
The link SlamFire1 posted is your best bet. The pre/post ban cut off is around 80,000, but SA didn't assemble the rifles in order, so if you have one close to 80K the only way to know for sure if its pre or post ban is to ask SA directly.

lionking
February 23, 2007, 05:52 PM
thanks,I'll have to study it,at first glance its a little hard to follow.Interested in around the cutoff point were they stopped using G.I barrels,hopefully the time is coming soon when I'll be ready to look for my first M1A,and I'll be looking for a preban if possible so Im studying up on just what to look for as far as G.I parts.

I know the latter the model,the less chance of GI parts,but I neeed to learn how to identify the barrel,oprod,bolt and other parts when inspecting a possible purchase.

If you enjoyed reading about "Springfield Inc. Preban Serial Number Range" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!