AHH! MN Magazine/extractor problem

PDA

The Deer Hunter
February 23, 2007, 03:56 PM
So i took my MN apart today and cleaned it real well, since i just got home yesterday. I got everything off the barrel and receiver, just the only thhing that wouldn't budge was the small barspring thing that holds the ejector in place.
It is the middle peice of #21 in the diagram: http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/td52num.jpg I beleive its called the interruptor.

I tried prying it out a little, but to no avail although i did get the extractor out. When i re-assembled the entire thing(very clean btw) the ejector seems to be too far exposed. When I'm loading it one by one, the bullet already in the magazine pops up when im putting the next bullet in. I can work around that but when the bullet is on top and ready to be chambered, I will go to push the bolt foward and the bolt gets stuck. It appears as though the ejector isn't going into the groove on the bolt. I can get the bolt to go foward after wiggling it though.

One more thing: When there are bullets in the magazine, I dont have to fully cycle the bolt to get the bullet to pop up, I just move it foward and another bullet is poped up ready to be chambered.

If you enjoyed reading about "AHH! MN Magazine/extractor problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Spiggy
February 23, 2007, 04:15 PM
when the bolt is locked in with a round in the chamber, the spring releases the next cartridge into the magazine, by tension will be pushes to the feed lips, when you eject your spent round, the new one will be there to replace it

EDIT!:

No, I have not been drinking... though I did have a nyquil because of the darn flu.

The Deer Hunter
February 23, 2007, 05:38 PM
I know it works that way, but round pops up before i have locked the bolt. Yea, NyQuil should have a warning on the side: Don't make any plans

Spiggy
February 25, 2007, 04:30 PM
eww...

the interrupter is slid into place, you want to slide it out by pulling the spring steel towards the muzzle of the gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "AHH! MN Magazine/extractor problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!