New rifle build

PDA

biggsie
February 23, 2007, 09:36 PM
Just completed this build, I just thought I'd see what your oppinions are. I am currently displaying it for sale it in my shop for $995. Please let me know what you think.

Doublestar lower
Flat top upper w/ dust cover and forward assist
16" wilson barrel w/ compensator
Vltor rifle length buttstock
polymer picatinny rail on bottom of handguard
Verticle forend grip
BSA laser sight w/ pressure switch
Multi reticle heads-up display sight
(2) 10rd magazines

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q69/biggsie24/ar15002.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "New rifle build" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scrat
February 23, 2007, 09:46 PM
build like custom made

:what: :what:

wow thats nice.

rangerruck
February 23, 2007, 11:49 PM
very nice, I likey that buttstock a lot, by the way.

The Deer Hunter
February 23, 2007, 11:58 PM
Nice gun, how much were the parts?

:)

GreenFurniture
February 23, 2007, 11:59 PM
Nice. Looks like several of our custom builds.

The Vltor rifle stock is a recurring theme.

biggsie
February 24, 2007, 12:14 AM
The Deer Hunter: "Nice gun, how much were the parts?"

That's top secret:neener:

GreenFurniture
February 24, 2007, 12:15 AM
Can I guess?

GreenFurniture
February 24, 2007, 12:16 AM
Oh, and don't forget to pay the FET if you've built a couple of weapons this year.

Better safe than sorry.

biggsie
February 24, 2007, 12:21 AM
I try to sell the lowers seperate from the uppers to be safe....... most of the customers want to "build" them there own way anyway.

DougW
February 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
Nice rifle! I have the same style of gas block on two of my rifles, and setting up a fixed front sight is a trip to the range excersise requiring a lot of patience and a fair supply of ammo.

Not to be the party dumper, but don't you have to have a seperate FFL to "build" for resale? I know that if you build for personal usage, then there is no problem. Just curious.

biggsie
February 24, 2007, 02:48 PM
Yes you do need a different FFL to "manufacture" firearms. That is why I sell the lowers and uppers seperate so the customers do the building themselves.

PAC 762
February 25, 2007, 06:48 PM
IMHO, the cheap optic/laser turn me off. If I were a customer, I would not look at it long enough to realize it was built with quality parts. I would assume it was built with garbage parts based on the garbage BSA/NC Star/leppers crap. I think it would sell quicker w/o the sight and laser.... just my $.02.

biggsie
February 27, 2007, 10:12 AM
PAC 762, Good point! I'll probably profit more selling everything seperate anyway.

If you enjoyed reading about "New rifle build" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!