SKS transfer fee in N/C VA?

PDA

Howaido
February 25, 2007, 02:37 PM
I am looking for a new or like new SKS and have found a few online, but the local shop charges $60 for a transfer fee!!!

Any shops in the tri county area of Culpeper/Faquier/Rappahannock (or even the vicinity of these counties) charge a more reasonable rate? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS transfer fee in N/C VA?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
carpediem
February 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
Ouch. I feel your pain. Consider yourself lucky - here in SoCal that's a LOW fee.

grimjaw
February 25, 2007, 03:25 PM
I think some dealers feel they aren't making enough money on transfers. My local dealer recently started refusing to transfer anything they could order. So instead of being able to buy a Yugo SKS for $140 shipped and pay the $25 transfer fee, you have to have them order it and charge you $200 + tax.

I switched FFLs after that.

jm

bvchurch
February 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp
I would check this out. Check with local pawn shops as well to see how much they charge for an FFL transfer.

MAKster
February 25, 2007, 04:34 PM
Virginia Arms in Manassas (Rt. 28) charges $20.

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS transfer fee in N/C VA?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!