A4-style NM AR?

PDA

Langenator
February 25, 2007, 11:58 PM
RRA makes one. Does anyone else?

The reason I prefer A4 type is that I figure it'll be easier to put a scope on it to make it an SDM-R type rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "A4-style NM AR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quintin Likely
February 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
The custom builders, like White Oak or Compass Lake should be able to make you one. The Bushmaster and Armalite NM guns are A2s only as far as I know.

ocabj
February 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
If you mean by National Match A4, you want a rifle with a 20" barrel, 1 in 8" twist or better, a free float tube with A2 handguards, and a 2-stage trigger, then your best bet would be to get the upper and put it on the lower of your choice.

Adco Firearms makes various uppers built on White Oak parts. I know they have an SDM clone and with a White Oak flat top, 20" 1 in 7" WOA barrel, and 12.0 DD railed handguards. You could give Adco a call to see if they can make you an upper in such a configuration, except with a NM free float tube and standard A2 style handguards.

wanderinwalker
February 26, 2007, 04:40 PM
A coworker of mine just ordered an RRA NM A4, with the same thing in mind. He wants to try Highpower, but wants the option of scoping the rifle easily if he decides he wants to use it for just informal paper punching or maybe 'yote hunting.

The RRA is probably the way to go, as it comes ready-to-go out of the box. The biggest issue Highpower shooters have with the detachable carry-handles is that most of them lack the adjustment to make 600 yards. RRA advertises theirs as having enough travel for 600 yards. (Depending on the rifle/ammo/shooter I think it's about 60-70 clicks up from bottom, but my mind is rusty.)

And still, in the end, those who want the rifle strictly for Highpower shooting will probably stick with the A2, as they won't trust the rigidity and reliability of the carry-handle mounting. (I know I'll stick with the A2 because it's paid for and mine! ;) )

If you enjoyed reading about "A4-style NM AR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!