STG 2000 C, any info?

PDA

rugerdude
February 26, 2007, 05:48 PM
I've noticed the new STG 2000 rifle at AIM surplus and I can't seem to find any information on it. I understand that it's basically an AK with different furniture, but can anyone attest to its quality?

If it is as good as the WASR-10 then I'm sold. I know the WASR-10 isn't really good, but it is enough for me.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "STG 2000 C, any info?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Roadwild17
February 26, 2007, 05:52 PM
what a ?, i was just coming ask the same thing.

I was even going to try to compare it to other AKs such as a saiga or Hungarian AMD 65.

rugerdude
February 26, 2007, 11:01 PM
Nobody? Guess I'll have to take the plunge and report! It says it's romanian, so I'll bet that it's a WASR-10 with a different stock set.

Works for me! That gun is bad *** lookin'!

Prince Yamato
February 27, 2007, 01:43 AM
I called InterOrdnance today. It's a Romanian receiver. The front furniture is proprietary, though I'd assume if you removed the top handguard, you could still attach the gas block of your choice. The rear trunion is the same as a standard AK, so you can add a nifty folding stock. There was some speculation about being able to use import magazines with the rifle because of a that ATF parts count thing, but the rifle DOES meet import specs with the proper number of parts. Magazine fit is supposedly very tight with polymer mags and tight with regular mags (in a good way). Nothing on it is Century Arms.

rugerdude
February 27, 2007, 05:38 PM
*Wayne's world voice* Excellent!

Correia
February 27, 2007, 06:08 PM
I've sold three so far, and have three more in stock.

Fit and finish is Romanian. So if you're fine with a Wasr, think Wasr with cooler looking furniture.

It looks like a Weiger. But the furniture isn't as heavy as it looks. The stock feels kind of cheesy, but it is better than the plywood that comes on most Romanian guns.

Of the ones that we've sold, the customers have all been very satisfied. The guns have been reliable, and have shot with decent accuracy. I can't vouch for accuracy, as I've not shot one, nor put one on paper myself. It is my understanding that the barrels are new and US made.

The customers I've sold them too are relatively new to the EBR world, but they've been happy.

Price wise, it is just north of WASR territory.

We've only done 7.62x39 so far. .223 is on backorder.

Roadwild17
February 27, 2007, 10:14 PM
anyone know how this would compare to a saiga or AMD65?

rugerdude
February 27, 2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks a lot correia, that's about what I figured they'd be. It's an AK, as long as it goes bang and gets kinda close to hitting the target, I think iI will be a happy camper. However, i may be waiting around a bout a moth before trying to get one, will the .223 version be out by then?

Roadwild17
February 28, 2007, 10:51 AM
Is there a standard mag for the .223 AKs?

EricTheBarbarian
March 1, 2007, 11:25 PM
do they have chrome lined barrels?

Roadwild17
March 1, 2007, 11:48 PM
yes, i do believe they do

spartacus2002
March 2, 2007, 09:32 PM
I am curious as well. What is this Wieger rifle it claims to copy?

Prince Yamato
March 3, 2007, 01:43 AM
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wieger

sprechen zie Deutsch?

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r31306183

antawa wakarimasu wa?

If you enjoyed reading about "STG 2000 C, any info?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!