Anyone Used This? (Remington UMC 9mm)

PDA

beaucoup ammo
February 27, 2007, 11:06 AM
I'll be at Academy this AM. They have "Mega Packs" of "Remington/UMC" 9mm /250 count / 115 Gr. for $36.00.

Have you used this? If so..please let me know what you think.

Thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone Used This? (Remington UMC 9mm)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mattw
February 27, 2007, 11:13 AM
Never used the big value packs but there is nothig wrong with Remington/UMC. Its about the same as WWB.

rxraptor02
February 27, 2007, 11:20 AM
I shoot the UMC in 9mm, my brother shoots the .40S&W.

That is a good price on it. It is around 50 dollars back in Michigan. we can get it onsale for 33~36 as well.

My PX4 has never failed to feed/eject/fire with the UMC.

I did find one round that the bullet was seated too far in the case.

My brother likes it in the .40 as well

If I need more bulk ammo i would be buying a few boxes at that price.

rangerruck
February 27, 2007, 11:22 AM
is is decent and reliable, and groups predictable..... little stinky though...

mikeb3185
February 27, 2007, 11:23 AM
works great in my g19
i have found the green boxes of remington umc are more economical in my area

Nil
February 27, 2007, 11:23 AM
I've blown through 2 bulk packs of it and every round has worked fine. It does seem to have a bit more muzzle flash than WWB but your experience may vary.

beaucoup ammo
February 27, 2007, 11:28 AM
Many Thanks...I'll stock up!

Ala Dan
February 27, 2007, 12:17 PM
I've shot the REM-UMC stuff is a varity of calibers; including some 9m/m's.
Its good ammo, but fairly smokey; as it will leave your weapon very filthy,
as well as your hands. UMC is Remington's secondary line of ammo, loaded
in Arkansas; and sold at discount prices.

Outlaw Man
February 27, 2007, 12:18 PM
UMC is a little dirty (not corrosive, though), but it works fine. That's a fair price on it, too. I got a sale's ad last week from Gander and they wanted $50 for it. :what:

SKM&P9
February 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
If you watch the ads for Dick's Sporting Goods, you can get them in cases for $ 6.48 per 50 rds. My M&P eats em up !!!

rantingredneck
February 27, 2007, 12:21 PM
I shoot it in both 9mm and .45ACP. Shoots great, no failures. Little dirty as others have said. To me though it seems to have less flash than WWB.....dunno.....maybe I'm just weird. I picked up a 500 round case at Dick's last weekend for 69.80 on sale. Got an additional 10% off so it ended up about $62.00.

bakert
February 27, 2007, 12:30 PM
Catch it on sale here at times and shoot it in both 9MM and .45 ACP and reload the brass. Cheaper here than the Win white box. The UMC doesn't seem any dirtier than most other loads to me. You're going to get some soot from any centerfire handgun ammo you fire especially in long range sessions.

Detachment Charlie
February 27, 2007, 01:15 PM
My 9mm Hi-Power eats the stuff. But it won't handle (FTE) WWW value-pack ammo.

johndoe1027
February 27, 2007, 01:43 PM
It worked for me but was a little like shooting .45 colt cowboy loads (lots of smoke). Great for outdoor ranges and unpopulated indoor ranges. The guy next to you might get ill if the wind is blowing his way. That was just my experience with one bulk pack.

camacho
February 27, 2007, 01:54 PM
Works good. My Taurus eats it without any hickups :rolleyes: The price is great too. Here in the local Bass Pro they often have deals on it.

Jkwas
February 27, 2007, 02:56 PM
I've used the megapack in 9mm and it worked just fine. Two rounds had noticeable setback and I didn't risk them, but the rest were fine. Good stuff.

ARTiger
February 27, 2007, 04:09 PM
Made in Lonoke, AR by Union Metallic Cartridge Co. a Remington subsidiary. The plant produces mainly shotgun shells and ball pistol ammo for military (and Walmart) clients. It has an earned reputation for being sooty. Quality is about the same as WWB.

ArchAngelCD
February 27, 2007, 05:15 PM
Even though it's been said already I'll add my voice to the group. Buy as much as you can afford. The only difference between the 250 bulk pack and the 50 round Rem UMC ammo is the box. Instead of 50 per box it's 250 per box in 50 round trays. Great practice ammo at a great price IMO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone Used This? (Remington UMC 9mm)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!