Gun Rest/Sled Suggestion

PDA

archerben
February 27, 2007, 06:59 PM
I'm looking for recommendations for a gun rest/sled to use for shooting off of a bench. What do you currently have/use and what are your suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Rest/Sled Suggestion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Deer Hunter
February 27, 2007, 07:11 PM
Looks real cheap, but when I was at Walmart I took it out of the box and looked at it. Its accually really nice quality. And it was only $28 instead of $49.:)

rockstar.esq
February 28, 2007, 12:39 AM
I use a shooting pad, bipod, sling, and prone position.

Snagglepuss
February 28, 2007, 07:00 AM
tagged

pacodelahoya
February 28, 2007, 07:31 AM
Deer hunter,

What does?:)

redneck2
February 28, 2007, 07:44 AM
There's a shooting rest called "Lead Sled". You can put sandbags or bags of shot in the cradle in the middle to take up the recoil. There's a bracket that you put the butt stock against so it takes up the recoil.

I assume that's what he means.

I use a Black & Decker Workmate. I cut out a plywood top and screwed a 2x2 on the bottom. That 2x2 gets clamped into the worktop. I use regular shooting sandbags on top of that. I wanted something portable. Cheap and works well.

Folds flat.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Rest/Sled Suggestion" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!