Will SA refinish with melonite the older xd's for free?

PDA

InnerVision
February 27, 2007, 08:08 PM
I bought an xd 9 a year and a half ago, and have had minor problems with rust? Would it be worth my time to try to get through to springfield armory to see if they will refinish my xd with the melonite?

Has anybody here inquired about this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Will SA refinish with melonite the older xd's for free?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
February 27, 2007, 08:13 PM
Call Debbie at Springfield Armory's customer service, she will be able to
answer this question; and possibily help you out, as she is a nice person.

Slvr Surfr
February 27, 2007, 08:31 PM
Dont bother, I called to see about the same thing or even just refinishing with the old stuff that came on it and I was basically told that It would be on my own dime. What sucks is that the finish looked like crap a month into owning the pistol. Its not even a duty weapon! :fire:

GreenFurniture
February 27, 2007, 08:35 PM
If they won't do it, call Anthony at Coal Creek Armory. He will Melonite the slide with great pleasure for cheap.

cslinger
February 27, 2007, 08:37 PM
I will say that the melonite finish on my XD45 is excellent so even if it costs you, it is worth it IMHO.

Chris

Stinger1
February 28, 2007, 02:46 PM
If the factory won't refinish it for free then go to a quality refinisher and have it done, the chances are the factory finish wouldn't last. There are several top quality refinishers around and you can even get colors.

RC

If you enjoyed reading about "Will SA refinish with melonite the older xd's for free?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!