s&w copies ruger, sort of.

PDA

craig
February 27, 2007, 10:17 PM
after looking through the current issue of guns&ammo(courtesy of natchez:D) i saw their review of the s&w m&p compact.

right there on the slide was this warning,"caution: capable of firing with magazine removed."

this is getting bad. first there are warnings on sleeping pills that they "may cause drowsiness" and now they're telling me that this gun will fire with the mag removed. :banghead:

i say remove all warning labels and let nature take it's course.

If you enjoyed reading about "s&w copies ruger, sort of." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Husker1911
February 27, 2007, 10:20 PM
Much of that springs from the fact that most S&W autos, throughout their history, featured magazine safeties/disconnecters. They're evidently concerned with someone who's used their autos before, and wanted to make them aware of this fact.

Doesn't mean we have to like it, though!

Ala Dan
February 27, 2007, 11:36 PM
Yep, my S&W 1911 has that warning too~! :)

Hemicuda
February 27, 2007, 11:41 PM
Funny thing... NONE of my Smitty Semi-Automatics have that warning, and due to a little home-gunsmithing, they ALL will fire with the magazine removed! :evil:

Green Lantern
February 27, 2007, 11:46 PM
I can't decide what's worse: sleeping pills that say "may cause drowsiness," or ANY Rx we fill for a MAN (the system knows it's a man, we have to note the sex in the computer - usually for Drug Ultilization Review purposes) printing with "do not take if pregnant" or "do not breast-feed while taking" warnings...:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "s&w copies ruger, sort of." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!