Clays as targets

PDA

UKTN
February 28, 2007, 02:57 PM
I have seen a number of frames that hold the clay targets for pistol and rifle target practice and was thinking of getting one. But wanting to be "green" and not litter, do the clay targets fragments dissolve when it rains, if so how long does it take? I was concerned that it would take a long time to collect all the fragments or orange clay!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Clays as targets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CNYCacher
February 28, 2007, 03:01 PM
Most do not dissolve. You can find biodegradable ones though. My Bass Pro sells them, and actually they are a bit cheaper than the regular ones, and white.

Zero_DgZ
February 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
Traditional clays use an asphalt binder. They do not biodegrade, or indeed degrade at all until you shoot them. Then you just have smaller pieces...

Biodegradable clays are out there; see above. They're harder to find and specifically marked/marketed as such.

Lupinus
February 28, 2007, 03:54 PM
they mike biodegradable ones and I have personaly never had a problem finding them. They make great .22 targets.

If you enjoyed reading about "Clays as targets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!