Sig Trailside .22

PDA

Triberg
February 28, 2007, 04:34 PM
I've been thinking about purchasing one of these (I understand they are no longer being imported by Hammerli). Are they worth the $?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Trailside .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
February 28, 2007, 04:41 PM
Mine is awesome. What kind of money are we talking about?

1BLINDREF
February 28, 2007, 04:46 PM
I have one that I bought new. I really don't shoot it that often. I shoot my S&W 622 more, it's my training gun when I take newbie to the range for the first time. I don't want newbies shooting my Trailside. :eek: The Sig is a cool gun if you are into 22's. I bought mine mostly because I'm a Sig addict :uhoh:
I think it'll go up in value over the years, so that's probably another reason I don't shoot mine very often.

Triberg
February 28, 2007, 05:09 PM
$479

jlbraun
February 28, 2007, 06:04 PM
I heard that they had some reliability/durability issues. I bought a CZ Kadet instead.

Haycreek
March 2, 2007, 08:42 AM
The Trailside is accurate, has a good trigger, and is very sensitive to the need of being clean. It has close tolerances. It is a good plinking, fun pistol and is related to the finest target pistols in the world, the Hammerli.

bdutton
March 2, 2007, 09:29 AM
What are you trying to accomplish? Are you plinking or are you looking for accurate/reliable target gun for competition?

9x19
March 2, 2007, 07:50 PM
Check out www.cdnninvestments.com as they were closing out the Sig Trailside 4" for about $300.

I really like mine!

varoadking
March 2, 2007, 08:07 PM
I have a 4" with the same X-esse grips shown here on Ken Lunde's 6"...great little piece...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/varoadking/trailside-6-left-full.jpg

Skofnung
March 2, 2007, 08:38 PM
I handled one at a shop a few years ago and considered getting it, as it felt very nice. I waffled though, as I had heard that they had a problem with bad magazines or somesuch thing.

Dan-E-Boy
March 2, 2007, 10:46 PM
I bought my 6" Trailside based on reputation only. I paid about $400 for a brand new one with adjustable sights at a gun show. I have been very impressed and pleased with it. It is extremely accurate, and friends who have tried all like it as well. I wonder how Kimber's 1911 .22 pistol compares? I have not seen these any cheaper than $560.

Frandy
March 2, 2007, 11:12 PM
No problems, no regrets. It's fun to shoot, has a decent trigger out of the box, and is accurate enough for me. Sometimes I use a red dot on mine but enjoy the fixed iron sights also. The X-esse sport grips look great, but to tell you the truth, the original, bland-looking plastic grips feel better to me for target shooting.

http://homepage.mac.com/franman/.Pictures/Handguns/Trailside_Nov_2006_640.jpg

jzimm9mm
March 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
I have the 4" fixed sight model. I really like mine. I thought I wanted a Ruger or Browning .22 until I handled the Trailside. Mine seems to like / function best with standard velocity ammunition. I've actually had some feeding problems with high velocity rounds because the slide "bounces" off the stop. The CDNN price is a deal if you want the plain model. I assume that $479 gets you the Target model with fancy grips and adjustable sights.

Jer..

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Trailside .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!