KelTec P3AT 380 not available lately

PDA

davidd
February 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
Last weekend i went to pick up my KelTec 380 only to find no one has any. I called 4 stores and all of them were out. About two weeks there was one store that had one, but it was before i knew which gun i wanted. Now that i know what i want, no one has them. All four stores have said they have been waiting for them for weeks and are willing to buy every gun they can get their hands on. Im not in a hurry, but am surprised at how hard it is to get one. I was told one store will have a chrome and green handled 380 in about a week at $359 whereas the std finish is $300.

Is this gun in such shortage in your area? Since i need to wait, is there much advantage in waiting for a chrome gun vs. the std blue? Now that i know i am going to get a kel tec p3at, which one should i try to get? none are easy, but i might as well get what i want.

If you enjoyed reading about "KelTec P3AT 380 not available lately" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
denfoote
February 28, 2007, 08:17 PM
They probably have their production line tied up with PF9 production!!
Why not call them and ask???

Bud's gunshop has 'em for just over $200.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=277

RSR Group has 'em!!! Have your FFL order one!! According to the web site, they have the hard chrome in stock!!!

http://www.rsrgroup.com/cgi-bin/cgirpcux/WTM-002O

ugaarguy
February 28, 2007, 08:31 PM
Kel-Tec has a tiny production facility. My understanding is that they only have one real production line, so each gun is made in production runs. If they're between runs on a particular model availability gets tight. For as much gun as you get for so little money I can deal with fluctuating availability. Hang in there because the P3AT is worth the wait.

MikePGS
February 28, 2007, 08:31 PM
Where I live (Metro Detroit Michigan) the local Gander Mountain has them, so maybe a check at one of those stores would help.

cookie4u1
February 28, 2007, 08:53 PM
My brother inlaw used to be a gun distributor and when he would get a shipment of P3ATs in they would all be spoken for. They were always on back order. Usually just takes a little time. Right now it is probably like finding a Taurus 1911.

ArchAngelCD
March 1, 2007, 04:30 AM
The P-3AT and P-32 are readily available in NE PA. My local dealer has 2 of each in his showcase, Gander Mountain has several and I saw them in a few in other shops too.

davidd
March 1, 2007, 06:02 AM
Any reason to get the chrome over the blue, besides looks?

Denfoote, thx for the tip, I know the president of RSR so will inquire as to how i can get one shipped to a retailer.

ArchAngelCD
March 1, 2007, 12:07 PM
I didn't think the extra cash was worth it to buy the Chrome model. The Blue model is just fine IMO. I know several people who have had a Blue model in their back pocket unprotected for 6 and 8 years without any ill effects.

MICHAEL T
March 1, 2007, 06:55 PM
Lets see earlier this week store got a gray/ blue ,a all black, and I think a black/parkized one. No no shortage in Central Ky Their a used 1st gen that was a rebuild from factory (old serial number on new gun) Its never been fired and owner traded for P-32 .Which he also has never fired.
I haven't been to store today but I say still 1 or 2 their.

davidd
March 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
I called RSR and they did not have one afterall. However, they were kind enough to contact Kel Tec and had one shipped to their warehouse, which will then be forwarded to my local gunshop. I will have it next week. Std blue is what they shipped.

Nomad, 2nd
March 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
Livign in the south... the Chrome is WORTH IT!

GJRugby
March 1, 2007, 09:53 PM
My local shop has one, but he has it marked $290 or something like that. I bought the Taurus PT92SS instead. I will get that Tuesday. Does anybody think the Kel-Tec is worth that price? I am sure I can get it for whomever wants it.

George

chipp
March 1, 2007, 10:03 PM
there's a couple black ones at Tanner's in Pa for 219. I've seen alot around latley.

try here

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=p3at

obxned
March 1, 2007, 10:19 PM
My local gun shop could only back order from his source. Found one (only) in my NE North Carolina area. I called Kel-Tec; they are shipping them out, but they are a small operation, so I bought the only one I had found, instead of waiting 'til who-knows-when. Paid $299, no free box of cartridges or anything.

Is it worth it? Darn right! Cleaned it, then fired 50 rounds through it. I did have 1 FTE, but it was the last round fired weak hand rapid fire. I limp-wristed it. The trigger pull is fairly smooth, and the accuracy fabulous! It is controllable enough to enable extremely rapid accurate fire.

I would have shot more, but the weather turned ugly. It is comfortable enough to shoot it all day long.

denfoote
March 1, 2007, 10:55 PM
I called RSR and they did not have one afterall. However, they were kind enough to contact Kel Tec and had one shipped to their warehouse, which will then be forwarded to my local gunshop. I will have it next week. Std blue is what they shipped.

Good job!!!

Ala Dan
March 2, 2007, 03:32 PM
STOP~!

What? NIB Standard, black on black P3AT KEL-TEC .380's
priced at $300~? :scrutiny:

WoW~! We could NEVER get that for 'em here in Old Dixie'Land; as I sell
'em everyday for $249.88 (Standard Model Only). Frame color doesn't
matter, but hard chrome slide models are $20 more. ;) :D

MachIVshooter
March 2, 2007, 04:25 PM

If it's to be carried IWB using a belt clip (no holster), the chrome finish won't rust from sweat. My blued one developed an orange haze rather quickly when the weather was warm.

davidd
March 2, 2007, 08:07 PM
They sell for $329 here, std blue, not $300. I have not found one for $300 yet.

alamo
March 2, 2007, 08:26 PM
They sell for $329 here, std blue, not $300. I have not found one for $300 yet.

Curious to know where you live? That's $70-100 more than in most places in Texas.

MICHAEL T
March 2, 2007, 08:31 PM
$220 for blue and 240 for a parkrized You all getting taken. If a KT that much I would hate see price of a Colt or S&W Move !!!

Cokeman
March 3, 2007, 04:44 AM
I saw 4 of them in various colors today at a gun shop/range here in Utah.

invisibleman_007
March 3, 2007, 10:23 AM
Oddly, that seems to be about the going rate in most of Florida. You'd think we'd get cheaper prices being so close to the factory, but they're relatively hard to come by down here. Guess it's the old supply and demand thing...

DakotaDude
March 4, 2007, 12:00 AM
Checked five shops north of Atlanta today. Two shops had the ugly two-tone blue-green. Nobody had chrome.

I went ahead and bought a two-tone. $290. (The other shop had one for $280, but it was a longer drive.)

Cato the Younger
March 4, 2007, 12:20 AM
Hard chrome slide
Uncle Mikes Pocket Holster
1 box 380 Ammo
3 magazines

for $320 out the door- NIB.

I have heard good things about this gun, and I bought it after one of my Profs traded it in- he had bought it, but then his Seecamp came in, so he sold the Kel Tec

Cokeman
March 4, 2007, 01:00 AM
What does .380 ammo cost? I've never priced it.

DakotaDude
March 4, 2007, 02:05 AM
At my local Wal-Mart, 100 rounds of .380 Auto Winchester White-Box range ammo was about $24. (9mm is about $15).

GSPKurt
March 4, 2007, 07:40 PM
At the gun shop I work at near Gainesville, FL., they are $269.00 for any color or caliber. Too bad we can't get any.:banghead:

eng23ine
March 4, 2007, 08:07 PM
I bought a blued model for $239 and send it to Jack Fuselier to have it nickle plated. Cheaper, better looking (imo), and more durable than factory chrome.
http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com/

Rootabager
March 5, 2007, 02:26 AM
200+tax at a pawn shop in kentucky. They had tons at a gun show in louisville this weekend for 259. One place had them for 229.

ice1
April 16, 2007, 06:52 PM
The P3AT usually sells in the range of $229. - $249. blued in my area. A little hard to find at times.

03Shadowbob
April 16, 2007, 08:31 PM
Went to the Gun show in WPB last weekend and I did not see one P3AT. I saw a bunch of over priced guns though, specifically a Taurus PT92AF just like mine, used and abused and the guy wanted $495, not kidding you.
I went to buy a new gun and everything was so overpriced it was terrible. The main reason being that Shoot Straight out of Orlando wasn't there. They are always the largest vendor with the lowest prices by far so other vendors have to compete with them. Whenever they aren't at the gun show everything goes up 50% or so.

BoneDigger
April 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
Herte in Tyler, TX, Gander Mountain is selling them for $259 for the P32 and $269 for the P3AT. They have several of each in stock.

Todd

Cokeman
April 16, 2007, 10:46 PM
03Shadowbob

Went to the Gun show in WPB last weekend and I did not see one P3AT. I saw a bunch of over priced guns though, specifically a Taurus PT92AF just like mine, used and abused and the guy wanted $495, not kidding you.
I went to buy a new gun and everything was so overpriced it was terrible. The main reason being that Shoot Straight out of Orlando wasn't there. They are always the largest vendor with the lowest prices by far so other vendors have to compete with them. Whenever they aren't at the gun show everything goes up 50% or so.

That sounds like the shows in Utah.

.45FMJoe
April 16, 2007, 11:45 PM
Oddly, that seems to be about the going rate in most of Florida. You'd think we'd get cheaper prices being so close to the factory, but they're relatively hard to come by down here. Guess it's the old supply and demand thing...

Where are you looking? My buddy bought a standard blued P-3AT from Shoot Straight at the last gunshow in Tampa for $249. That seemed to be the normal at the show.

03Shadowbob
April 17, 2007, 06:43 AM
45Joe,
Shoot straight always has the largest selection and best prices. I called them to see if they'd be at the show and they were supposed to be. Not sure what happened to them. Some of their prices are so low that you can't help but buy a gun from them.

Rustynuts
April 17, 2007, 10:11 AM
Maybe at the shows, but the shops seem relatively high (at least list, I haven't tried to deal yet). They wanted $1295 for a Rohrbaugh!

.45FMJoe
April 17, 2007, 12:14 PM
No doubt Shadowbob. I don't care much for the owner but I have a business relationship with Robert who is obviously one of the managers from the Apopka store. He takes good care of me. I also buy from Ira at Gun Country, he is pretty cool.

invisibleman_007
April 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
I was mostly referring to the posts in the $280 range. $300 seems a bit high. Shoot Straight isn't at all the gunshows, and I haven't been seeing many of the .380s at the shops or shows around here lately. The store I bought mine at mentioned he was having a bit of trouble even keeping them in stock. Lots of .32s though. Prices in our area tend to be $20 or so higher than the prices I can have the guns transferred for. The $220 kel-tec becomes about $260 after transfer and fees, which is just about $10 or $20 below what you're seeing in the shops. I'm not sure it's really worth the effort and wait to have it transferred, so you pay a bit of a premium for the instant gratification. Haven't picked anything up yet from Shoot Straight, they seemed fair on some items, high on others. However, at the last gunshow I picked up a pretty nice H&K P7 from Gun Country at what I felt was a very reasonable price.

If you enjoyed reading about "KelTec P3AT 380 not available lately" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!