Taurus??????

PDA

wecklish
March 1, 2007, 12:22 AM
How does a Taurus rate against the other guns with internal hammers?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus??????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fattsgalore
March 1, 2007, 06:58 AM
I think your wording is off.

First i'll ask do you mean a revolver or do you mean these modern DAO/Safe action/whatever.
Cause the Glock-esque guns have no hammer internal or external.(Thats how i use to word it too, till people started to correct me) The firing mechinism is literally similar to a cliky top pen.(is cliky top pen a technical term..i dont know)

As for the poly Taurus's there a decent handgun all around but have had minor problems. I really would like a PT145 or there newer 24/7 OSS mil-spec .45 with a five and a half inch barrel.

If you want Taurus I would suggest the PT-92 which is hands down a great gun. Also have only heard good things about the PT1911, well beside dealers are starting to price gouge them.

PS for future reference the better your title is the more people are going to look at it. Get creative. Something like"The Taurus polymer perdicament" serious a good title always draws people in.

aaronrkelly
March 1, 2007, 09:53 AM
I have had 4 Taurus products. Only one had an "internal hammer" but they were all junk. Some were crap right off the bat, others took a few hundred rounds.

Jkwas
March 1, 2007, 10:56 AM
I have two taurus guns and they have been great. I have a 2nd generation taurus pt111 which is DAO striker fired. over 1000 rnds, never a misfeed, never a jam, never a FTF. Eats anything I feed it. I would buy more with no hesitation. It also has a very nice trigger, is accurate, and the slide is very easy to operate. Hope this helps :)

Big Gay Al
March 1, 2007, 03:00 PM
I've owned a PT-92 for over 14 years. It always fires, never jams, works great and looks great too.

All the Taurus pistols I've owned, with one exception (a used PT940) worked excellently. I would not hesitate to buy another one, nor do I hesitate to recommend them.

MD_Willington
March 1, 2007, 05:14 PM
I too have a PT111, its my EDC... It works.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus??????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!