Ruger P85 mag release

PDA

Katigroszek
March 1, 2007, 02:34 PM
Help please!

Would any of You help me?

-->What kind of magazine catch does the first and second model Ruger P85 have?<--

Is that the usual thumb depressed release button or some kind of a lever?
Is it ambidextrous or one hand only?
Can it be replaced for a left hand shooter?

I do not have any P85 on hand nor any big, detailed picture of it and in the small ones I found it looks like a small rectangle shaped button.

Any and all answers welcome?

Thank You!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger P85 mag release" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rantingredneck
March 1, 2007, 02:47 PM
P85's and their later cousins P89/93/94/95 all have ambidextrous safety and magazine releases. The mag release is a small rectangular switch at the base of the trigger guard that is pushed forward to release the magazine. There's one on each side of the pistol so it's ready to use either righty or lefty. Same for the safety/decock lever.

Their P90 and I believe the 97 have releases on one side that can be switched for a lefty. Both of those also have ambidextrous safety/decockers

Katigroszek
March 1, 2007, 04:34 PM
Thank You very much rantingredneck!

Any photo of this part and/or a magazine in the catch area would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger P85 mag release" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!