Ultra RCP II

PDA

Revolver Ocelot
March 1, 2007, 06:44 PM
its starting to get to warm to where a heavy coat I can hide any of my current handguns under (which are all large frame revolvers) so I was thinking about getting a semi auto when I found this, does anyone own one or can tell me anything about it, thanks.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/customshop/ultrarcp.php

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultra RCP II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Revolver Ocelot
March 2, 2007, 03:54 PM
anyone?...anything?...please.

Mandirigma
March 2, 2007, 05:04 PM
Looks like a "upgraded" model of the Ultra CDP maybe this will help

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=259101

Ala Dan
March 2, 2007, 05:30 PM
I sold one of these Kimbers NIB recently, as a "special order" item. We don't
stock this particular firearm, so it took 'bout a week to get it in. Being a
close friend of the person that ordered it, I asked him why he wanted that
kind'a weapon; with all the other Kimber Ultra's on the market and in stock?
His reply was, "Cause I don't have one~!" I thought that was kinda weird
on a firearm that sold for $1,009; and this guy works very hard for his $$$.

Seems to me like there were better choices out there~?

Revolver Ocelot
March 2, 2007, 08:59 PM
although there are very similar guns out there in functionality and prpose it really caught my eye and I have been looking for a ccw gun that was small, the lack of sights is interesting but it would make much more sense to me if they had put crimson trace grips on it or better yet a laser max. I'm till trying to decide whether or not to get one.

SouthpawShootr
March 2, 2007, 09:34 PM
This is a very task specific gun, in my view. Kimber has tried to make this thing as snag-free and as small as possible. As a byproduct, the grip safety is nearly gone. The sights are more of a rudimentary gutter milled into the top of the slide. This more than anything else is keeping me from getting one. I like to be able to shoot the guns I carry, sometimes extensively, so I would opt for a model that has sights. That $1000 price tag is a bit of a show stopper as well. I'm afraid that if I spend this much on a carry gun, I'm not going to want to carry it. The crimson trace grips would be a good idea on this gun in my view. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, Colt Officer's ACP grips will fit this frame. Don't know if crimson trace makes grips for Officer's ACP.

BucksDC
March 2, 2007, 09:44 PM
My buddy had one. About a year ago, he sold it. The lack of good sights was his main complaint. He now carries an Ultra.
I think they look nice, but for that much money you could do better IMO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultra RCP II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!