Kahr CWP 9mm

PDA

40jjb
March 2, 2007, 09:28 AM
I just bought one, The instructions say to break it in with 200 rnds., but I past 50rnds. and it was perfect no malfuntions, acurate little pistol. If any body whants to comment on this pistol good or bad, I would like to here it.:) Yes CW Its a erro!

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr CWP 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SSN Vet
March 2, 2007, 09:42 AM
I'm familiar with the CW-9

What's a CWP-9?

did they fiddle with the trigger to meet the NYPD off duty carry rules?

beaucoup ammo
March 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
Not familiar with that model, but for what it's worth..my KAHR P9 is a real joy. It's my first semi-auto, and took me a while to get use to..but now I carry "cocked and locked" which I was reluctant to do when I first got it.

KAHR, as a brand, has an excellent rep and, IMO, is worth the high price. Hope you get to the range often..and enjoy!

MechAg94
March 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
50 rounds ain't enough. Shoot 200 rounds. It is as much to break you in as to break the gun in. :)

I don't recall my Kahr P9 having a LOCK to carry it cocked and locked. I like the double action though.

beaucoup ammo
March 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
"Cocked And Locked" is just a figure of speech: One in the tube with the strap on my Bianci snapped on. No lock on the P9.

arthurcw
March 2, 2007, 11:26 AM
don't recall my Kahr P9 having a LOCK to carry it cocked and locked.

He's probably using it as a generic term for "one in the pipe".

... And go the full 200 rounds. 50 may be enough for proving a "defense" ammo's functionality. But go the full 200 for the break in.

38snapcaps
March 2, 2007, 12:49 PM
I've had a CW9 (CWP 9mm is incorrect) since last April and I just coudn't get enough of it all last year, it was/is my favorite shooter. I have gone thru almost 1,800 rnds with flawless performance EXCEPT for occasionally failing to fully chamber a round when it gets dirty at around the box and a half point.

When it was new the problem showed up sooner, like around 35 rnds. My gun took a good 600 rnds to fully loosen up. It prefers to have the first round chambered using the slide stop. You can slightshot it when it's fresh and clean, but after a box or so it starts to get sticky and the slide won't fully close. So, I've just gotten in the habit of using the slide stop.

Excellent excellent pistol, amazingly low recoil and mine is most accurate with the inexpensive WWB. I bought some Hydrashocks and was surprised they aren't as accurate, so I need to do some experimenting with defense ammo.

Find extra magazines on E-bay, I bought two new ones last summer for $15 each.

The two CCW holsters I use are an Uncle Mike's #1 for IWB and a Don Hume JIT for belt carry.

I think you're going to like that gun!:D

sbellan
March 2, 2007, 02:25 PM
I carry the CW9 when I run and bike. It is perfect for the hydration pack I carry. Slim ergonomincs. I load it with GECO B.A.T ammo. I had the issue of needing 300 or so rounds through it like the owners manual says fro break in. I have about 1000 rounds through it total. No FTF or FTE yet.

Desk Jockey
March 2, 2007, 05:32 PM
My MK9 is great.

Kahrs like to be clean and well-lubed - seem to be more finicky about this than my other handguns. At the range, I try to wipe it down after 250-300 rounds, and add a drop of lube to each side of the slide. It gets a good cleaning when I get home. That works for me and mine; YMMV.

innerpiece
March 24, 2007, 08:31 PM
my CW9 is flawless. I couldnt be happier!

I personally see no need to 'upgrade' to a P9. I feel like Id only be paying more for the same results..
the CW9 is a great CC pistol, easiest carrier Ive had, and always reliable.

hits where I point it.

I like Win. 147gr SXT, Win. 147gr STHP, and Win. 115gr STHP for HD/SD loads.
Blazer/CCI 115gr FMJ are excellent target loads, and much cleaner firing than everything else.

spare mags at the shop are spendy.. so I only got 1 extra, $33 bucks..

ip.

beaucoup ammo
March 25, 2007, 09:20 AM
Wasn't aware of the CW9. Your review and what I've found on the web has me thinking. Believe I'll trade my P9 for a CW9..smaller at under a lb. with, as you mentioned, pretty much the same results.

I'm always looking for the most bang in the smallest (quality) package and the CW9 seems to go the P9 one better.

wally
March 25, 2007, 11:56 AM
My CW9 broke within the first 25 shots. Been perfect since returned from Kahr, except I shoot it untill I get a feed failure and then I clean it, been running about 400-600 rounds between cleanings. I consider this pretty outstanding for such a little gun, although I suspect JHP ammo may not be so dirty gun forgiving as is cheap ball ammo.

I figure with the difference between the cost of 9mm vs .40 practice ammo I've about paid for the CW9 in practice ammo cost savings and saved wear and tear on my carry PM40.

--wally.

Edit: Don't trade a P9 for a CW9 they are the same size. The CW9 left off the dovetail front sight, comes with only one magazine, and made a few cost saving changes to the slide to hit a lower price point. Unless you want night sights the CW9 or CW40 are great choices and can save you ~$150, although the even smaller PM40 is best for me.

Midway has 7 and 8 round Pro-Mags for the K9 for $19 that work perfectly in my CW9. Normally I've had more bad luck than good with Pro-Mag but these have been perfect in my CW9

davhina
March 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
I've had a CW9 (CWP 9mm is incorrect)
No, it is not incorrect, it is just a new model
Check the link

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/store/products/category70/2472.html?ck_SID=7f3db7d0bb0d3d28666b8abb06e

todd-45
March 25, 2007, 05:08 PM
I can't find a CWP9 anywhere on the Kahr site. On the slide in the picture in the above link is listed CW9. That's the only place I can find a CWP. I wonder if it's a designation that only that company uses.

MechAg94
March 25, 2007, 09:54 PM
I have noticed the issue with being dirty as well. I like the pistol though. Very thin and light and you still have a full length grip.

Jim PHL
March 26, 2007, 10:55 AM
No experience with that model but speaking to Kahrs in general, I had a K40 that was absolutely flawless. I only sold it because I went "strictly 1911" as far as auto-pistols but that was definitely a great gun.

Ala Dan
April 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
I just picked up a NIB Kahr CW9 myself, but have not gotten it too the range.
Looks like it would make for an excellent carry pistol, due to its size and weight. I may eventually give it to my daughter as a replacement CCW
piece, instead to her toting her Walther PPK~? ;) :D

TC-TX
April 15, 2007, 10:16 PM
No, it is not incorrect, it is just a new model
Check the link

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/store/p...d28666b8abb06e
Yes it IS InCorrect.

Kahr has a CW9 and a P9. There is not such model as a CWP9. The reference you cite from GilbertsGuns is a typo.

GilbertsGuns is a dealer just like me and thousands of others. Their listing referenced as CWP9 should correctly read CW9... as in a Page to order a CW9 or compare to a P9.

If you will read the ad, it clearly CORRECTLY states the model in the very first sentence.

JohnKSa
April 15, 2007, 11:41 PM
Nifty little gun. I took mine to the range yesterday and put some rounds downrange. First time I'd shot it since buying it in September of last year.

No malfunctions--I was using WWB and Federal 9BP JHP.

Turned in a 5 shot group at 25 yards that went about 4.4" using the Federal. Dead on for elevation at 25 yards but about 4.5" right. I'll borrow the club's sight pusher and fix it one of these days. I figure that about 0.635 mm to the left on the rear sight will have it shooting dead center. :D

Firing as fast as I could pull the trigger I was able to keep two magazines in a 12" wide by 18" tall target at 7 yards.

Now I gotta order a holster and some more mags for it...

todd-45
April 16, 2007, 09:34 PM
Interestingly enough I just looked on the case my CW9 came in and on the sticker is does say CWP9, no slash between the CW and P as in to indicate the case is for either model but plain CWP9 and the serial number. I'm not sure what this means but I would assume that's where the cited dealer got his model number.

Quickdraw Limpsalot
April 17, 2007, 08:14 AM
I love my CW-9. It's my primary carry and has been flawless thus far. (~1500 rounds)

wolfdog1
April 18, 2007, 01:55 AM
I have CW9 500 rounds flawless

nhhillbilly
April 18, 2007, 03:05 AM
I just purchased a CW9 as a grad. gift for my youngest daughter. I don't know how much she likes it yet but I will find out this weekend. My son likes his Kahr the PM9 but she wanted something larger but smaller then her Beretta 92F.

Only problem it only comes with one magazine. What good is a semi auto with only one magazine. :what:

wally
April 18, 2007, 08:52 PM
As I said earlier, one mag is how they help get the price down. I've had perfect results so far with four (3 8-round, 1 7-round) of the Pro-Mag Kahr P9 mags from Midway (~$18). I've in general had more bad luck than good with Pro-Mag but at less than half price of what Kahr wants for a spare I suggest giving one a try based on my 100% success so far.

--wally.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr CWP 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!