SA Warranty Work

PDA

briang2ad
March 2, 2007, 02:01 PM
I have another thread on here about a factory ramp and throat job which was not right, and I really didn't know this since I bought the pistol in 1991. Well, I sent it to SA last Thursday, and it came back last night. New barrel, and the "gap" is there. It also locks up tighter (NO hood play), and the trigger is lighter again. I haven't fired it yet, but SA DONE GOOD!

Thanks SA!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "SA Warranty Work" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
briansp82593
March 2, 2007, 02:04 PM
i hear nothing but great or excellent things from sa... in a older thread some guys mil spec commander wouldnt work for anything and SA traded him it for a stainless commander with houges and i believe it was sent straight back to his door step

mpmarty
March 2, 2007, 02:26 PM
in to SA last week for a really strange problem. IPSC match in very cold weather and I was in a run and gun scenario where the targets (five of them) were spread out in a line and you charged the line from left to right if you were right handed and engaged each target with two rounds minimum as you ran past it. I was using WWB 230gr fmjs. My split times are quite small and on three occasions (I got a reshoot) the weapon cycled when fired, chambered a fresh round but the striker wasn't reset but followed the slide forward and I wound up with an uncocked pistol. No mark on primer, no feel to the trigger like it was doing anything. Trigger in each of the three cases felt like it would if you pulled the trigger on an empty gun and then pulled it again, no reset, no break point, nothing.

I just got off the phone with SA and a very nice lady informed me that they had fired seventy five rounds of Winchester White Box 230gr fmjs through it and couldn't duplicate the problem. As it was very cold on the morning of the match February 14, this may have been a contributing factor.

Bottom line, SA is sending the pistol back to me and assures me that if I can make it happen again to call them before shipping it back. Reassured me of the lifetime warranty etc.

We'll see what happens.

TonyT
March 2, 2007, 04:03 PM
Great compliments to SA for their excellent service. I purchased a 1911 9mm target and it shot a pattern rather than a group. Called SA, sent it back, they replaced the barrel with a very reasonable turnaround time. GREAT OUTFIT!

briang2ad
March 2, 2007, 07:34 PM
Took out some el cheapo WW Remington HPs tonight and effortlessly cycled them through an old GI mag - no problem - I could not get GI mags to do that before! Also - absolutely tight barrel fit now - I really cannot wait to shoot, but no opportunity right now.

Walkalong
March 2, 2007, 07:45 PM
Let us know how it shoots briang2ad.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "SA Warranty Work" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!